Problems editing with Live Composer with West - JS error- D is undefined

I am new to the forum, thank you in advance for your help.

I just updated WP 4.6 – LC 1.1.3
We use WEST and when trying to edit with Live Composer returned JS error as follows:

TypeError: d is undefined
File “http://beitaharon.org.br/wp-content/plugins/live-composer-page-builder/js/builder.all.min.js?ver=1.1.3”, line 1, char 21907

I read other replies, tried dissabling plug-ins but it is not working. I don´t know much about code writing but I can definitely follow directions or ask for help once I know the solution! thank you!

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here.

Could you please confirm if the issue also to happen even with the default WordPress theme like Twenty Sixteen?

Regards,
Kharis

Dear Kharis,

Thank you so much for your reply. I am afraid of changing the theme and loosing the display of what I already have. Can you help me give that step?

I am now more able to edit BUT it doesn´t save or publish. A friend taught me to copy what I get in dslc_code_draft and paste it in dslc_code (just a quick hack) but I want to solve it, not to deal with that everytime. The JS problem seems always to be the same.

Thanks!
Irene

YES I DID TRY with 20 16. YES IT STILL HAS AN ERROR

JavaScript error detected in a third-party plugin
SyntaxError: Unknown / Unhandled data type(s): :
File “undefined”, line 0, char 0

I DID dissable all plugins except for the basic Live Composer, and the error is still there.

Hello there,

Thank you for the reports.

I can’t provide a quick fix for this as it isn’t a plugin we authored. But, I’ve forwarded the issue onto its support forum here. I hope its developer could hear and resolve the issue soon.

Regards,
Kharis

Thank you very much Kharis,

I will follow up on the other forum.

Just to clarify, is this a problem that comes from Live Composer? it came when I upgraded Wordpress and all plugins. (do I need to add that to the thread?)

I did contact Live Composer first and they told me to contact you guys because I am using WEST. How does this work? Is it that at the WordPress forum, someone fixes the error “somewhere” or will I be instructed on how to change codes in my site myself? Thanks again! Irene

Seeing back your previous reply where you wrote:

YES I DID TRY with 20 16. YES IT STILL HAS AN ERROR

I can confirm that it isn’t theme related issue. Please try to create a new blank page and replicate the page where the error be visible on. Does the issue still persist?

> do I need to add that to the thread?

Yes, please. So that the author would be more aware.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

Thank you very much! it is weird in some of the pages I open with LC the error appears, in others it doesn´t, but all of them seem to have problems editing, specially when trying to save some of the editions. The only thing I can think of is that those pages that display the error are ones with an inserted picture… (?)

When I wrote to LC directly they told me that the theme developers would indicate to them, and only then they would fix it. " If the theme developer will not find a solution (in most cases the problem is in their code), he will contact us directly" -

Because no one answered a previous question about this I posted on the WP forum, is there really a way of you guys directly contacting LC as that email instructed?

Thank you so much for your help!
Irene

Hi
Its very disappointing, error already exist. WP 4.6.1 LC 1.1.4. We cannot any new site.

SyntaxError: Unknown / Unhandled data type(s): "
File “undefined”, line 0, char 0

As long as the error exists, you have to think about looking for another design, but it is the only option.

Greets Andy

Hello there,

Thank you for updating me. I am looking into it again. I will get back to you ASAP. Please be patience.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello there,

I can confirm that there is no bug on theme as the live composer works fine with it on my test site. Could you please grant me to access your site admin area, so I can take a closer look? For security reason, please send the working login credentials to kharisblank@gmail.com and enclose the link to this thread.

Regards,
Kharis

Hey Hey Kharis
I cannot grant you access, beause its a customer website. Beside - i post in the wrong forum, we have west pro. It seems we are not the only one with this problem. I contact the livecomposer team with the error warning, we will see if they confirm.

Thanks for looking!

P.S. I confirm, its not a theme bug!

Greets Andy

Hi, Kharis same problem here, what we have found is that LC seems to keeping some caché somewhere, some times is about browser (you don’t see changes un less you check on other browser, some times even computer) some times is something else, LC even don’t let do changes on pages until sometime later (it can be minutes or more than one hour) and has almost always a red bug with error messages next to the tabs on the bottom of the page, it doesn’t matter if LC is working or not at that moment.

we had try with a standar wordpress theme, deactivated all but LC, downgrade some things, check on the code, but still nothing, for now we think is a LC very bad coding error, but you can’t go direclty to theme because they asks to talk with theme creators for them to speak with LC creators.

We can give you access to the site, but need an email to send info account.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello @carogutt,

Please email me the account along with the login URL to your site’s admin to kharisblank@gmail.com.

Regards,
Kharis

Hey Kharis,

is this issue solved? Because I encounter very similar problems on my website www.backbikers.com .

Sometimes, after editing a module, the “Publish” button wont react. Also editing modules or modules rows is impossible, you can’t click the icons, its like LC is completely stuck. Only hiding and disabling is still working.

It only happens on two of the pages, sometimes the issue vanishes from one page, only to appear later on another. If there is any logic behind it, couldn’t figure it out yet.

On all pages, no matter if they got this issue or react normal, i get the following bug message:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token w in JSON at position 11577
File “http://backbikers.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=livecomposer_editor&page_id=151”, line 1, char 11578

Changing browser doesn’t help either. For now its really annoying because the issue hit my front page, which I update regularly.

Thanks in advance for any help!