Problems activating Types Toolbox plugin

Hello,

I have chosen Perth as a theme for my website. Thanks! I have a server set up for Wordpress and MySQL.

It tells me to install the plugin:

The following recommended plugin is currently inactive: Types - Custom Fields and Custom Post Types Management. Begin activating plugin | Dismiss this notice

Problem is I cannot activate the plugin. Tried deactivating, removing, and reinstalling several times. I have no other active plugins (than Pagebuilder by SitesOrigin, also recommended by you). Do I need it “Types” for the Perth theme? Is there a replacement for the Perth theme I can use, or is there a known workaround?

Thanks in advance.
Eirik Eiglad

Ps. Specs:
Wordpress 4.7
Types Toolkit 2.2.5 (the version downloaded directly from WP-plugins. Links provided in Perth recommendation.)

Hello Eirik,

Do you get any error when you try to activate Types plugin?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks for the reply, Roman. I appreciate it.

What I found out after some more time was that I needed to go “physically” in via FTP, to manually remove a folder with types; this folder was obviously broken but did not want to remove itself entirely from inside the wp-admin-side. So, I went in, removed it, and then reuploaded it via FTP. (Not sure why, but there had to be some kind of a glitch in the control panel.)

I am sorry to bother you with this question, as it more of a Types-problem, and not a Perth-problem, but I was wondering mostly about whether there was a workaround. Anyways, it seems the problem is solved for now, and I look forward to explore the Perth theme. Thanks again for your support.

Solidarity,
Eirik

You are welcome Eirik,

It’s great that you have found out what was causing the problem.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have in future.

Kind Regards, Roman.