Problem with portfolio

Hello!
Thank you for a beautiful theme.

I apologize in advance for possible obvious questions.
I can not configure portfolio.

I download and install the portfolio plugin.
Then copy The shortcode:
[sydney-masonry posts = "8" show_all_text = "See all" post_type = "projects" filter = "yes" include = ""],
and I put it as a text message on My front page.

After that, on the my front page appeared the title of the photogallery.
What I need to do next to display photos?

I tried to add photos via Projects - add new - add a media file.
Also, I try to change the line post_type = "projects" in the shortcode on post_type = "post" and add photos as regular posts. But the pictures in photogallery still does not appear.
Tell me, what I doing wrong?

Maybe you could record a video on setting up a portfolio and add it into the documentation topics? If it possible, of course.

Hi

I think you need to upload the image as “featured image” instead of “media file” http://prntscr.com/8ozknu

Thanks a lot Awan, it really helped

I did so:
Posts-Add new - Page builder - Add a row - Add a wiget - SiteOrigin Image widget and added image. Then I mark a posts as a featured image.
The method is not very convenient, because I can not add multiple images at once. For each image I need to add a row and widget.
Maybe there is a simple and convenient solution?

I still did not understand how to add an image through Projects . Is there any documentation on this service?

Hi,

I think you do not need to using siteorigin image widgets to create a portfolio section.

All that you need is add “Text widget” to the row of page builder then add the provided shortcode.

After that, you can add the portfolio/project item from “Projects” menu then upload your featured image.

Thanks, Awan. But I already have added a shortcode to a text file, I wrote about it in the first message.
I have a problem with adding images.
You write: “add the portfolio / project item from” Projects "menu then upload your featured image."
How to do it correctly? Сould You write a step by step guide?

Hi,
its simple, just like when you create a post then upload a picture as featured image.

Here is the step:

1. click the “project” menu
  2. add / edit the project item
  3. see in the bottom right of the page, you’ll see the “featured image” box http://prntscr.com/8ozknu. You can upload your image from here.

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation!