Problem with mobile view using fa-icons

Hi Guys,
I got the following Problem with my Website www.gtue-chiemsee.de: In the starting page I used the block “Services Type A” with fa-icons. On a Desktop PC this looks ok. But using a Mobile Phone or a Tablet, the Icons suddenly appear dislocated and not in order as it has to be. Please give me a hint what went wrong with it an how I can solve this problem.

Thank you and best regards

Juergen

Hello Juergen,

Looks like this problem is caused by Spider FAQ plugin, it uses .content class, which is used by Sydney theme as well. It breaks the layout.

You can fix it with the following CSS code, but you might have other issues.

You can add CSS code to your site with Simple Custom CSS plugin (just copy CSS code and paste it in Dashboard -> Appearance -> Custom CSS after installing and activating the plugin). Also you can add CSS code directly to style.css file of your child theme.

#pg-127-0 .content {
    float: none;
}

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello Roman,

thanks al lot for your help. I tried it immediatly an it works. I’m happy.
By the way: Is there any other FAQ-Plugin you can recommend me that works better with Theme Sydney?

Happy Regards, Jürgen

You are welcome Jürgen,

I can not tell for sure, but looks like Arconix FAQ plugin has excellent rating and many installs, so it can be a good option.

I think that the best way to find the plugin is to try several most popular plugins with good reviews and find the one that is better for you (but please remember about regular backups).

In this case proper code prefixing is very important, for example using .faq-plugin-content class instead of just .content.

By the way, it would be nice if you leave your feedback for Sydney theme on WordPress.org, here is a quick link :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.