Problem with color personalization

Hello everyone…Here is my problem:

I want to change the color background of the menu bar (which is set in black but I rather prefer a lighter color like grey). When I try to change color nothing happens and the bar remains black…Maybe there is a problem with the theme?
Thank u
Andrea

Dear Andrea,

I would like to apologize in advance for inconvenience. To temporarily fix the issue, could you please try adding the following CSS code into the child theme’s functions.php file or you can use Functionality plugin if you haven’t had a child theme yet.

function sydney_fix_menu_background_color_site_wide(){

$menu_bg_color = get_theme_mod( 'menu_bg_color', '#000000' );
	$rgba = sydney_hex2rgba($menu_bg_color, 0.9);
	$custom_css = "@media only screen and (max-width: 1024px) { .site-header { background-color:" . esc_attr($menu_bg_color) . ";}}" . "\n";

wp_add_inline_style( 'sydney-style', $custom_css );

}
add_action('wp_enqueue_scripts', 'sydney_fix_menu_background_color_site_wide');

Regards,
Kharis

Hello Kharis, i tried your code but it seems it does not work. I did not specify that I do not have the Sydney Pro version, just the free. Maybe this could be the problem?
Meanwhile, waiting for the menu color to be fixed…
keep me updated…
Thank u so much,
Andrea

Dear Andrea,

Thank you for updating me.

What screen resolution are you using http://www.whatismyscreenresolution.com/?

Would mind granting me a temporary access to your site admin area, so I can troubleshoot it? You can send the working login credentials to kharisblank@gmail.com.

Regards,
Kharis

Dear Kharis,
my screen resolution is 1680 x 1050. Unfortunately, for a company policy we can not give access to people that are not employees.
I have another idea. What if I attach the style.css and the function. php of my child theme so you can try it and see if you can do something?

Andrea

Thank u so much…The black menu bar is too…heavy! :=) Hope u can fix the problem…U have been so nice with me!
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Andrea

I replied you email. Please kindly check and let me if it helps.

Regards,
Kharis

Kharis,
the functions.phph you send me does not work …
At this point I think that I have to wait for the next theme update for the problem to be fixed…
Thank u and talk soon,
Andrea