Primary (sub)menu flickering & strange behaviour - Firefox/Edge

Hi,

My website (https://roekconsultancy.nl) is based on the Astrid v1.15 theme and uses the standard menu (Running WP v4.9.8). Unfortunately 1st & 2nd level submenus start flickering and behave strange in Firefox (v 63.0.1). This is especially the case with the “Services” menu item. In MS Edge all menu items work fine but there are some odd white (rendering) lines now and then. The latter is also the case with the Astrid demo site. Please help to resolve this.

Thank you!

Regards, Arjen

Hello Arjen,

It looks like a theme issue, I have already added it to our list. It should be fixed in a future theme version, thank you for pointing it out. Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

Thank your for your response. I am sorry to hear that.
Any idea when the update will be available? Or can you suggest a (simple) workaround with e.g. a compatible menu plugin?

Regards,
Arjen

Hello Arjen,

I can’t provide the update date yet, unfortunately. However, I’ve just checked your website once again and noticed that the issue doesn’t seem to be actual anymore. Have you already resolved it?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

Coincidence does not exist. :wink: Just a few minutes ago I applied the following custom css.

.main-navigation ul ul {
    display: none;
}
.main-navigation ul li:hover > ul {
    display: block;
}

I am testing now but it seems that the menu is working well in all browsers!

Regards,
Arjen

Great! And thank you for sharing that Arjen :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.