Posts not displaying author byline

Hi folks,
I can’t figure out how to make posts display the author byline. There’s no metadata at all displayed, which is good in that I don’t want the date or tags. However, I do want a byline, and one that populates when the post gets shares on social media.
I tried deleting ‘display:none’ from the byline section at the top of the parent stylesheet, but didn’t seem to work (and would presumably revert once the theme updated anyway).
Here’s a sample post:

Any guidance would be very much appreciated!
Many thanks,
Rich

Hello there,

Please check the content-single.php file from the theme editor (Dashboard > Appearance > Editor). Does this code block present in there?

<div class="entry-meta">
	<?php moesia_posted_on(); ?>
</div><!-- .entry-meta -->

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis, yes it is present.

Do you have an active child theme which might override its visibility?

Regards,
Kharis

Yes, I do have a child theme. It doesn’t have a content-single.php file though.
This is the only thing in the post.php, if that helps:

@package Moesia
*/

get_header(); ?>

&lt;div id="primary" class="content-area"&gt;
	&lt;main id="main" class="site-main" role="main"&gt;

&lt;?php while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?&gt;

&lt;?php get_template_part( 'content', 'page' ); ?&gt;

&lt;?php
				// If comments are open or we have at least one comment, load up the comment template
				if ( comments_open() || '0' != get_comments_number() ) :
					comments_template();
				endif;
			?&gt;

&lt;?php endwhile; // end of the loop. ?&gt;

&lt;/main&gt;&lt;!-- #main --&gt;
&lt;/div&gt;&lt;!-- #primary --&gt;

<?php get_sidebar(); ?>
<?php get_footer(); ?>

Hello there,

Does your child theme overrides moesia_posted_on() function? Please check your child theme’s functions. Does this function present in there? What will happen if you temporarily disable the child theme and activate the main theme?

Regards,
Kharis

Hey Kharis, yes, the byline does show up when I load the parent theme. Here’s the contents of my child functions file - anything in here that might be causing the trouble? Thanks a lot for your help so far.

<?php
function my_theme_enqueue_styles() {

$parent_style = 'parent-style';

wp_enqueue_style( $parent_style, get_template_directory_uri() . '/style.css' );
wp_enqueue_style( 'child-style',
    get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/style.css',
    array( $parent_style )
);

}
add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘my_theme_enqueue_styles’ );
?>

Hello there,

There might be some CSS code prevents this from showing. Please share your child theme’s style.css to https://gist.github.com and post its link here.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis, thanks - here’s the link:

Hello there,

I don’t find any problem with the CSS code. However, try adding this extra CSS code:

.entry-header .entry-meta {
   display: block !important;
}

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis, still no luck unfortunately. Do you have any more ideas? It’s not the biggest deal in the world to be able to display the author name, so no worries if not, I really appreciate the suggestions. I am pretty confused why it’s not showing up in the child theme! I’ve re-checked all the php folders and I can’t see anything that would be blocking it.

Hello there,

Could you please share your child theme package to kharisblank@gmail.com, so I can test and debug it? Please mention the link to this topic to indicate it comes from you.

Regards,
Kharis