Posts don’t show up on the Blog page

I’m using the Sydney theme and trying to add posts to my Blog page.
The text or photos in the post don’t show up on the Blog page, only the Post headings.
If I click on the headings I can view the posts. What am I doing wrong?
My temporary website is wot2do.apps-1and1.com.
Thanks, Fibonacciphil

Hi,

Please make sure that there is no “Read more” tag on the top of your posts >> http://prntscr.com/ddgx4s

Regards,
Awan

Sorry Awan but that doesn’t solve the problem. There are no tags on the pages.

Hi,

Please go to: Customizer > Blog options > then increase the value of the “Excerpt Length”.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Awan

Hi Awan, Thanks for the advice. That seems to get the text showing but not the photos. Do I have to have a featured image set or is that not relevant?
Regards,
Fibonacciphil

Hi,

Yes, you’ll need to upload your featured image to the post. Or you can also to tick “Check this box to display the full content of your posts on the home page.” option on: customize > Blog options > content excerpt.

Regards,
Awan

Thanks for the advice Awan,
If I set a featured image for each post I get a large image with each post rather than the smaller one I initially added to the post, which is all I require. After looking at other instructions on how to add images to posts there is no mention of adding a feature image. I feel there is still an issue with my setup. Any other idea what might be causing the problem?

I see, the featured image as default are full-width displayed in above the post title.
You can move the featured image positions and the size but you have to change the existing code which is I can’t help you on this because its beyond our support policies.
Maybe you can contact codeable or upwork for further helps.

Regards,
Awan