Posts date order

A small matter, but for some reason the posts are not being displayed in the correct date order in the grid view. It works fine in the other two views.

I have disabled all the plugins, and nothing makes a difference.

I am thinking a small bug, but I may be wrong.

Hi,

Please post a link to your website, where you have this issue ( with Grid View ), so we can check.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Thank you for replying.

The url is:

http://www.theindigoessays.net.au/

The post “Australian Politicians Must be Given a Use-By Date” in the middle of the second grid should be positioned before the post to its left.

In the other 2 views, it is displayed in the correct date order.

again with thanks,

Hi,

That’s because of the masonry, if all your posts in the first line would be the exact same high, then the last post ( which is actually the 4th ) will be in it’s correct position, but since the first post is shorter then the second / third the 5th and 6th posts goes up in front of post 4, you can check what I mean by adding the same length of excerpt in the first line posts.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,

Thank you - you are correct. The posts switched around and are now in the right order.

However I notice the first left hand top post sits slightly higher than the rest. Is there an explanation for this also?

with kind regards,

Stephen Quinton

ps - all images are the same size

Hi,

Not the images have to be the same size to have the posts aligned correctly, the text ( excerpt ) have to be the same long ( same size ).

Best Regards,
Csaba

The excerpt is now smaller than for the adjacent posts, yet the first, top left-hand side image (the chess pieces) still sits higher than the two alongside it.

Hi,

There is something wrong with the first and the last posts, can you please try to re-create them?

Best Regards,
Csaba