Post metadata abnormal since theme update

Hello there!

Ever since updating from Sydney theme 1.41, the post meta data has had an abnormal font, and the “posted in” meta data (displaying categories) has completely vanished (screenshot below).

Is there a way to fix this? I have tried clearing browser caches and this has not resolved anything, so I am quite lost.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

James.

Any help would be appreciated. I have tried a lot of options but am really not sure how to solve this. I would basically love for the metadata to return to like it was before I updated the theme.

Hello James,

Can you please provide a link to your website?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi @roman,

Thank you for the response. I appreciate it.

The site is: http://www.canzukinternational.com/2018/03/australia-confirms-trade-deal.html

Due to heavy traffic (1.3 million visitors per year), I cannot update the site to the latest theme version because I am concerned about the way the postmeta data would look. However, I do have the site saved to localhost on my PC where changes can be made.

Is there a way to update the theme while preserving the post metadata style in the above link (and not like the post metadata in the above image)?

Many thanks for your help.

Hi there,

It obviously shouldn’t look like that, this is how it should look like: http://demo.athemes.com/sydney/a-day-at-the-office/

Is it possible that you have some custom code? Perhaps you’re overriding some of the single post files?

Vlad

Hi @vlad,

Thank you for your reply.

I have no custom code in place.

And I’m slightly confused…when I clicked the demo link in your reply, the post metadata does not show the calendar or folder icons (like what is shown on my website right now), but instead, post metadata that looks unformatted (screenshot below). Do you know why this has happened?

Thank you again for your help.

Hey,

It’s not unformatted. That look is part of some redesign work we did to give it a more modern look. What you’ve shown in your screenshot is how it should look like.

And what you’ve shown in the screenshot from your local server looks like a mix between the old design and the new one. You might not have custom code, but you do have a child theme active on your live site in which you might be overriding some files. Can you please check if that’s the case?

Thank you for the explanation.

In that case, is there a way to keep the calendar and folder icons in the post metadata like in version 1.41? I thought this look was beautiful.

James.

We can help you attach some icons to the new meta design with some custom CSS, that’s not an issue.

But first it should look like on our demo site, not as in the first screenshot you posted. So first, that needs to be figured out.

Hi @vlad,

That’s not an issue. When I remove the child theme, the post metadata looks like the demo site you posted above.

As such, what meta design and custom CSS can I use to make the post metadata look as similar as possible to how it was in version 1.41?

Thank you again for your help, I really appreciate it.

Hi,

Try this in Customize > Additional CSS to add the icons:

.single .hentry .meta-post::before {
    content: '\f114';
    font-family: 'Fontawesome';
    margin-right: 5px;
}
.single .single-meta .posted-on::before {
    content: '\f073';
    font-family: 'Fontawesome';
    margin-right: 5px;	
}
.single .single-meta .author {
	display: none;
}	
.single .meta-post .post-cat::before {
	display: none;
}

It also hides the post author as I assume that’s what you were doing in your child theme, because you are already displaying the author inside the post.

Thank you @vlad,
This is looking good, but the one problem I have now is that on the blog page, there is a folder icon displayed before the “posted” and “posted in” lines.

Is there a way to not have the folder icon in front of the calendar icon on the blog page?

Sorry about that. I’ve edited the code. Copy it again please.

Thank you @vlad. I really appreciate your support on this matter. The problem is now resolved.

Thank you again!