Post display under latest news section

Hi,

I’d like to know if it would be possible to include all text with links to document in the latest news section?

My posts are very short and all contain a link to pdf document. I would like to be able to display the image, heading and one sentence with a link to pdf and have any link (link on the heading or image), to link to the relevant pdf document and not to a post page.

Is that possible?

Hi,

Currently it is not possible by default. Because the widget shows the excerpt of the post content, which exclude HTML tags including the link tag.

If want to show a link, you can edit theme’s widgets/fp-latest-news.php file. Find this line

<div class="entry-summary wow fadeInUp"><?php the_excerpt(); ?></div>

and replace it with

<div class="entry-summary wow fadeInUp"><?php the_content(); ?></div>

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I’ve tried the code that you’ve suggested and although all the text is displayed, it is still not giving me the option to click on the link that was made in the post. Do you perhaps have any other suggestions?

Hi,

Perhaps it is related to a cache issue that prevents your changes to take effect immediately.

Try clearing cache on your website (if applied) and your web browser as well. You may also need to clear web browser’s history and restart it.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Thanks Kharis, the link is still not working even after clearing cache. It is displaying the text that has the hyperlink, but the text isn’t clickable.

Would there perhaps be an option to change all the linked parts (like the heading & image) to link to the document I want to open instead of back to the post?