Portfolio like in DEMO

Hi there,
I want to show my images like in the DEMO Version of Sydney where you see many pictures next to each other. I have downloaded the sydney-portfolio.zip and installed it and read the instructions. Still have no idea how I manage to get it like in the DEMO. Thanks a lot for your help in advance, Tom

Dear Tom,

It requires the Types plugin be installed and activated. To build the Sydney’s custom post types, you should need to import the settings file.

Importing settings file

From your site dashboard, go to Types > Dashboard > Types Tools > Import/Export.

Creating portfolio/project item

From your site dashboard, go to Projects > Add Project. The project item must contain at least title and featured image.

Displaying project images masonry

Insert the following shortcode into either “Text” or “SiteOrigin Editor” widget.

[sydney-masonry posts="8" show_all_text="See all" post_type="projects" filter="yes" include=""]

Please read again this documentation.

I hope this reply helps.

Regards,
Kharis

Dear Kharis,
thanks a lot for your explanation, somehow my “categories” are not in “projects” but in “post”. So I needed to change the [sydney-masonry posts=“8” show_all_text=“See all” post_type=“projects” filter=“yes” include=""] from post_type=“projects” to "post"and it works!
One thing more: is there a way of showing the pictures by clicking in a slideshow or at a single page? Thanks a lot and have a good day, Tom

Dear Tom,

Thank you for updating me.

> somehow my “categories” are not in “projects” but in “post”.

It seems the “Categories” taxonomy isn’t visible by default in the Projects post type editing panel. You should need to enable it through Types > Post Types > Projects. In the “Taxonomies to be used with Project” meta box, give check on “Categories”. Click “Save Post Type” button.

> is there a way of showing the pictures by clicking in a slideshow or at a single page?

In the project item editing panel, there is a “Projects data” meta box which allows you to insert a custom link in the provided field. If this field is empty, the project picture will be linked to its single page. From the project editing panel, you can add more pictures either via WordPress editor or page builder.

I hope I’ve explained myself well. Or have I missed the point?

Regards,
Kharis

Kharis, you are a genius!! I see categories in projects now and connect my pictures now. Thanks so much!
Tom

Dear Tom,

Thank you for updating me.

I am glad they are all working for you! Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

If you don’t mind, could you please rate our Sydney theme here? We would highly appreciate it if you do so.

Thank you for creating with our product.

Have a nice day!

Regards,
Kharis

I will definitely do so! One more thing, I got the pro Version of sydney and the HEADER SLIDER is not woking properly. I have added 5 pictures and when the slider slides from one picture to the next one just before the next appears, it shows another pictures inbetween just for half a second or less. When I just have 2 pictures in the slider it works properly. The images have a low resolution.
Any idea how to fix that?
Thanks a lot again,
Tom

Dear Tom,

> I will definitely do so!

Thank you. We really appreciate it.

Regarding your new question, could you please post it in a new topic with a proper title? We would be more than happy to assist you from there.

Regards,
Kharis