Portfolio blocks

I was wondering if I could make the portfolio blocks smaller. Perhaps decrease them by 50% or so. Oh, and perhaps make the whole block clickable instead of only the ‘Read More’ text.

Thanks!

Hi,
you can decrease the height of the portfolios block by adding this code using custom css plugin or by creating child theme:

figure.work {
    height: 200px;
}
figure.work figcaption {
    padding: 10px;
}

Then, to enable the link for whole of the portfolio block, you have to create a child theme first then edit widgets/fp-portfolio.php within the child theme. Add this line <a href="<?php esc_url( the_permalink() ); ?>"> before <figure class=“work”> and add this line also </a> after closing tag of the <figure class=“work”>. Don’t forget to remove the read more link <p><a href="<?php esc_url( the_permalink() ); ?>"><?php echo __(‘Read more’, ‘sweetheat’); ?></a></p>.

after finish edit, your fp-portfolio.php should be have this code http://prntscr.com/81rwgd

Make portfolio block images clickable rather than have to use Read More only

Oh wow, I just noticed this.

Thank you so much for the reply! I will try it tomorrow and let you know :slight_smile:

Alright. I fail at creating a childtheme, but when I overrun the regular code with these edits the whole Our work section disappears? :o

You modify this file widgets/fp-portfolio.php directly?
maybe you can try to re-download the theme and then replace this file widgets/fp-portfolio.php with the new one