Polylang linking to wrong pages

Hello,

I am almost finished building my website, however, have run into an issue with the language switcher Polylang.
The site is in five languages and English is the main language. When changing language via the dropdown list the viewer is taken to the wrong page.
Is there a way to change to which page the language switcher is directing?
The page URL http://test.palmhillsgolfthailand.com/

Cheers,
Thomas

Hello Thomas,

When changing language via the dropdown list the viewer is taken to the wrong page.

I have just checked your website and saw that the language switcher works as it should, it links to the home-dansk, home-svenska, home-deutsch, and home-norsk-nynorsk pages respectively.

However, it looks like these pages have to be recreated from your English home page.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hello Roman,

Just to explain how I created the four pages, I duplicated the English home page via the Yoast Duplicate Post plugin and renamed them.
Hereafter I translated the content into the different languages.

So is there a way to change the link in the Polylang language switcher to the right page?

Kind Regards,
Thomas

Hello Thomas,

Just to explain how I created the four pages, I duplicated the English home page via the Yoast Duplicate Post plugin and renamed them.
Hereafter I translated the content into the different languages.

Did you follow the instructions in Polylang plugin documentation? They seem different from what you have described, here is the link to a relevant documentation page:

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hello Roman,

Thanks for your feedback.
The page you are referring to was followed.

I am now in the process of recreate all the pages one more time, which is a bit of pain in the butt, however only way for me to get it done.

Otherwise, thank you for the support.

Kind regards,
Thomas

1 Like

You are welcome Thomas!

Please leave here a note if you need further assistance.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support