Polylang + changing logo according to language

Hi,

I’m using the Polylang plugin on a website that has two different language versions. I’d like to change the logo according to language (at the moment there’s Finnish logo on both Finnish and English site). I’ve tried almost every solution I’ve found but nothing seems to work. Is there anyone who has managed to tackle this problem?

Thanks!

Amanda

Hello Amanda,

1. Create a text file, name it wpml-config.xml, and add this as its content:
<wpml-config>
  <admin-texts>
    <key name='theme_mods_sydney-pro-ii'>
      <key name='site_logo' />
    </key>
  </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>
  1. Put that file into the Sydney Pro theme folder (you might lose that file after theme update, so you can create a child theme and put it there), you can do it using your hosting cPanel or with something like FileZilla.

2. Go to Languages → Strings translations section and translate site_logo string with a link to another logo image, you can find it in your Media Library.

Please let me know if you need more detailed instructions.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman!

Thank you so much! Unfortunately this did not work, the option didn’t appear to strings translations. It should appear there after creating the file into the theme folder, right?

Amanda

Hello Amanda,

It should appear there after creating the file into the theme folder, right?

Yes, it should. I tested it on my local Sydney Pro install in order to make sure.

Can you please provide a link to your website and describe what you did?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi,

Actually works now - did it all again step by step and I guess I had a mistake somewhere since now it works. Thank you so much for help Roman!

Amanda

Okay, you are welcome Amanda! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.

closed #7