Please help -

Hi,

I already read all topics about these theme and really thank Vlad for his explanations!!Please apology my rude english first :slight_smile:

I have 3 issues :
1- I can’t put HTML code in the “short description” on the contact block, and when I updated the theme my full-width map switch >> to this. Also there is to much space between contact-row and the map row…

2- On the mobile version I have a space between Title and the black line…maybe It’s because I follow this >> advice

3- About the case widget : is there any way to put my photo under the black block?
And how do I change the CSS style of the href?

Thank you very very much :slight_smile:

Hi again,

Sorry to insist but is anybody can help?

Sorry for the delay. It looks like you are using Quill theme. Please include a link to your site.

Thanks

here it is : http://youhumour-blog.com/festival/ ! Thanks for answering :slight_smile:

Hi, apology my bad english first too :slight_smile:

1. To put html code in “short description”, put it in normal way - pages > Front Page > Quill FP: Contact and fill short description. Then from Front Page go to Switch to Editor > Text and wrap your “short description” with HTML tags.

For shortening space between concat row apply CSS below:

section#contact {
  padding: 0;
}

This is partial answer for href change too. Install some plugin for custom css ex. Jetpack have a nice one.

1. Vlad already answered, there is no issue, just remove empty widgets.

2. No there is no way to put your photo under the black block, it requires serious change in code.

3. Depending of what href you want to change, open google chrome developer tools select desired href (link) and apply your custom CSS. For ex. for footer link this is default styling:

.site-footer a {
  color: #fff;
}

a:hover, a:focus {
  text-decoration: underline;
}

Or you can set your custom CSS class inside your pages and posts like this: <a class="myhref" href="http://…" target="_blank">Link text</a>
and then add your custom CSS for a.myhref {…

Hope I helped you a little.

Oops, I forgot Google map

Do not apply previously mentioned:

section#contact {
}

Add this and you will kill two flies with one shot: google map space and full width :slight_smile:

div#panel-701-7-0-0 {
  min-width: 100%;
}

Thank you very very much !!

Everything works except the html code…inside short description
Neither link or any HTML code works…
For example I did this and this still it didn’t appear…

My bad, I was sure that I saw that change in my browser. I checked again and nope, you can’t have HTML codes in descriptions because theme use function <?php esc_html( $text ) ?> and it escapes all HTML code that you pass.

It is default theme functionality.

I know but Vlad explain how to do it in this post and this person managed to do it…

Ok :slight_smile: here it is:

On your Wp installation go to your quill theme folder then to widgets and edit fp-contact.php (it is easier to do that from dashboard > Appearance > Editor)

3 changes:

1. line 70 change this
    $instance['desc'] = strip_tags($new_instance['desc']);
    to
    $instance['desc'] = wp_kses_post($new_instance['desc']);

2. Line 114 change this
    $desc = isset( $instance['desc'] ) ? esc_textarea($instance['desc']) : '';
    to
    $desc = isset( $instance['desc'] ) ? $instance['desc'] : '';

3. Line 127 change this
    <?php echo esc_textarea($desc); ?>
    to
    <?php echo $desc; ?>

Now you can add HTML code directly in contact “short description”.
Here are the pictures #1 #2

You rock ! It works perfectly thank you!!

Hello & sorry if I’m wrinting this in the wrong place ; there’s no topic talking about the malfunction we encounter…

We have an irregular display malfunction on our Quill Theme : sometimes, an ugly blue screen pops in instead of the actual Quill theme for no obvious reason.
Weird thing is there’s no steadiness in the bug : sometimes it’s the main menu for a few minutes, sometimes it’s an article for half an hour, then a page… and we only see it while we’re disconnected (not using as admin)
It’s happening almost every day (if not every single day ; I’m not watching 24/7) at varying times.

I have screenshots showing timing and durations of the bug. Please, let me know if you need them.

Looking forward to understand this !

@Polo_StudioOne

Hello there,

Please open new topic in future. There is no such topic because users didn’t experience such a problem.

Include screenshots of the issue, and share your page link so we can try to inspect this. In the meantime, try to disable all your additional plugins/scripts, and test your site, because this is maybe caused by some plugin.

All the Best!