Placing a White Banner behind Logo

Hi,
I am wanting to know if I can place a white sticky menu that starts at the very top of the page. I have a gif file for our logo and it looks great on the sticky menu with the white background. The problem is when it is over slider at the very top of the page it doesn’t look quite right. Your Talon theme has it but for some reason the GIF file doesn’t work on it. If all else fails I can just make white sliders but if you can help at all that would be great. Link Below

Cheers

Hi,

You can make the transparent header white with this Custom CSS:

.site-header.fixed {
    background-color: white !important;
}

Please add the above CSS to your Child Theme’s style.css or in case you haven’t setup a Child Theme already, then you can also use this plugin to add the CSS to it: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/ so you will not loose the changes on theme updates.

Please let me know how it works.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi, Can I make it white right from the top? So it always has a permanent white background behind the logo and menu?

Cheers

Hi,

Ok, sorry for the wrong CSS, you can use this Custom CSS instead to make the site header background white from the beginning:

.site-header {
    background-color: white !important;
}

Please let me know how it works.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi,

Csaba can ask you a question. Is it possible to change font colour in site header from white to black when i scroll the page + yours css with changing background to white ?

Hi,

Unfortunately to change the color when scrolling may need some custom javascript too, so it can’t be done with Custom CSS, so for custom javascript you may need to hire a developer to write it for you.

Best Regards,
Csaba