PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function sydney_slider_template() in header.php on line 60

Using version 1.55 of Sydney, site is completely blank and only shows “Skip to Content” on all pages.

This message is in the Debug Log: PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function sydney_slider_template() in /wp-content/themes/sydney/header.php on line 60

Tried to comment out line 60 and the following error was thrown:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function sydney_header_overlay() in /wp-content/themes/sydney/header.php on line 62

Much help is appreciated.

Hello there,

I am sorry to hear the problem you’re having. That’s a rare issue ever reported. I rechecked the theme’s file and the mentioned functions do present in main functions and inc/slider.php file. I guess it was caused by incomplete theme download or other circumstances that cause some files broken.

To troubleshoot such this kind of issue, firstly delete the Sydney theme folder via FTP. Themes folders are located under root/wp-content/themes directory. After that, visit your site’s admin (/wp-admin) and reinstall Sydney from themes browser under Dashboard > Themes menu. If you’re new to this, see documentation:

https://wordpress.org/support/article/using-themes/#adding-new-themes

Regards,
Kharis