Photo behind text

hey vlad,
how do i set an image in the back of the text, thanks.
http://sambahoteis.com/nos-do-samba/

Hello,

You mean behind those text widgets you added? You would need to add some code for this because those widgets are not part of the theme.

Add this to a custom CSS plugin:

#pg-18-0 {
    background: url('yourimageurlhere.png') no-repeat;
    background-size: cover;
}

i am sorry for the ignorance, i am not scpecialized on this, learning still. so i did add the code on simple custom css plugin, no success.
So how can I add text before the theme widget such as employees in that page without coding? i am just able add text via that widget.

it changed the backgroung color but not in the text backgroud

I see you changed some things. The thing is that the those widgets (like the Employees one that you’re using there) are meant to be used on the front page, that’s why they are marked with FP.

Let’s add some code to make it fit better in this case. Use this in your CSS plugin:

.page-template-page_fullwidth-php .panel,
.page-template-page_fullwidth-php section .container {
    width: 100%;
}
.page-template-page_fullwidth-php .panel {
    padding: 40px 15px;
}

So basically in the setup you have now you cannot have a background image for the text widgets and a white background color for your Employees. But you can remove the white background so both the text widgets and the Employees will have the background you have now for your site. Would you want the code for this?

man, ok one more fixed thanks! looks really good now. the page set up in full width looks good, no need for FP view. but it would be good in the future in case i need to add some text so they have an option of background.
is there a chance to name the PROJECTS on FP, at least a name under or in?

thanks again man…

is there a chance to name the PROJECTS on FP, at least a name under or in?

I don’t really understand this, could you explain a bit more?

in the Projects portifolio block at sambahoteis.com, for individual pictures they show its name only if mouse is over it, i was wondering if there is a possibility to put a name for each one of those diferent pictures, diferent names. i could be under the picture or in the picture like the plugin i am using here http://sambahoteis.com/hoteis-2/ because this plugin is not working along with the others i have in front page, only fp-projects plugin is working there for this purpose.

Ah, I see now.

You would need to edit /widgets/fp-projects.php and find this:

</div>
<?php endwhile; ?>

and replace with this:

<div class="samba-custom-title"><a href="<?php echo get_post_meta( get_the_ID(), 'wpcf-project-url', true ); ?>" title="<?php the_title(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a></div>
</div>
<?php endwhile; ?>

The above will use the title of your project and link to the manual link you’ve set.

Next, add this code to your custom CSS plugin to make it look nice:

.samba-custom-title {
    margin-top: 15px;
    font-size: 18px;
}
.samba-custom-title a {
    color: #555;
    text-decoration none;
}

Let me know if this does it for you.

you are a computer genius man! thanks, excelent!

Hello
I also like to show the titel under the projekt images, but Idont know how edit /widgets/fp-projects.php
thanx for help

Hello,

You would need to go to Appearance > Editor and find fp-projects.php (though it would be better to edit this file from inside a child theme).

But don’t use the PHP code like above because that’s a bit custom, use it like this:

<div class="samba-custom-title"><a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" title="<?php the_title(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a></div>
</div>
<?php endwhile; ?>

Sorry, there is no editor at appearance…?

You might be on multisite then.

Your other options are to locate the theme files and edit that file from cPanel or FTP.

Also, please open your own topics in the future, it’s easier to keep track of things.

vlad, in the same purpose above i made changes and could change the codes for linking the icon to another page, but i am missing the codes when i try to make the title under the pics go to its info. www.sambahoteis.com thanks

I’m not sure I understand, I see that both the icon and the title link to that page?

Don´t worry with question above thanks…

is there any way to ajust the sidebar so it don´t get over the page? http://sambahoteis.com/otw-portfolio/samba-village-orlando-3/