Perth: Toolset Types going, going, gone

Toolset types has been gone for awhile. Moesia free version 1.51 has been updated to use Athemes Toolbox instead. Has Perth free been updated so it no longer uses Toolset Types? I can’t find a link to download any higher than Perth free version 1.07, and it has Toolset Types, which won’t install anyway. Thanks!

Hello there,

You should be able to get the Types plugin version 2.3.5 available in the plugins directory, which can be downloaded from this link. Then you can manually install it to your site from plugin uploader menu (Dashboard > Plugins > Add New).

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Thank you. It seems to be working for now. However, it looks like Toolset Types is no longer a free plugin?

You’re welcome!

Yes. Latest versions aren’t available for free. You may read this discussion to know why.

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/beware-this-is-not-a-free-plugin-anymore/

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi there Kharis

I have the same problem and have looked around this forum for a solution with no luck. I have Toolset Types version 2.3.5. installed and Wordfence says it is Critical to remove it. Is there a like for like replacement for this plugin? One that can simply be installed and there is no configuration needed? … and preferably free?!

I can’t find this information anywhere, can you advise please?

Thanks

Bibs

Unfortunately, after removing the free version of Toolset Types, since the free Perth them as-is is really tied into it, there isn’t a quick, easy solution. Rather than deal with the risks of using outdated plugins, I chose another theme that also uses SiteOrigin Page Builder, but not Toolset Types. The latest free version of Moesia is one such theme. I chose to start with a fresh WP and Moesia install. From what I recall, after importing Media, Pages and Posts from the old site, all the Custom settings had to be redone, and also anywhere Toolset Types was handling the content.

If I come across a problem like this again, I’ll probably choose a theme that uses the free version of Elementor since it is so much better that the free version of SiteOrigin Page Builder, and just bite the bullet and do a complete rebuild.

Hi there, thanks for responding. I have just been able to install the Perth theme from the WordPress directory to a test site on my localhost. Of course it has a notice that the theme recommends Toolset Types and Site Origin Page builder. And of course when you try to install the Toolset types plugin it is not available. I am surprised that the theme is still in the WordPress directory given that it has been abandoned and the recommended plugin doesn’t exist.

I really like the Perth theme so it’s annoying that athemes aren’t updating it or using an alternative plugin.

Another theme by athemes has also been abandoned - Rocked. Again another really nice theme which I have used.

Overall it’s rather disappointing.

Hello there,

You can get the older version of Types plugin from this link and install it manually by uploading it to the plugin uploader under Dashboard > Plugins menu.

Then, you can get the settings file for Perth’s Types from this documentation page.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support