Perth setting not importing?

I am trying to setup the Perth theme and am having some issues getting it loaded. When I go to Toolset “Export/Import” and try to use the “XML or ZIP file” to download “perth-settings”, I see all the files to download and they are checked and when I click import, I get “Types import error Unable to process file”. And when I try and use the “XML text input”, I don’t see any of the files and I get “Error parsing XML Start tag expected, ‘<’ not found Data not valid”. The file does start off with “<”, so not really sure what to do.

Thanks for your help,

Tom

Hello Tom,

Can you please download the settings file once again, deactivate all your plugins except Toolset Types and Page Builder by SiteOrigin, and then try to import it once again?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,
I am having the same issue - per your instructions I deactivated them all and still not working. Is there perhaps another place to download the settings.xml? Please let me know what to do to get this to work as I am currently evaluating this theme to purchase the Pro version.
Thank you!
Bryan

Hello Bryan,

Can you please create a new topic for your question in order to make it easier to help you?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello Roman,

Thank you for your help. I deactivated every plugin and am still getting the same thing.
When I try to import the file, I get “Types import errors Unable to process file” and when I copy and paste the file, I get “Error parsing XML Start tag expected, ‘<’ not found Data not valid”

I’m going to keep searching the support page. I thought there was a different file on a another post with the same problem?

Hello Tom,

There are two similar .xml files that you can download from documentation page, one is for Types plugin settings (perth-settings.xml), and another one is for Demo content (perth-demo.xml). Can you please make sure that you are importing the proper one (perth-settings.xml) in Dashboard → Toolset → Export / Import section?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks for your quick response.

Yes I am trying to import the perth-settings.xml . I see following categories that have check marked boxes next to them and then when I go to import, I get “Types import errors Unable to process file”

General Settings
Overwrite settings
Bulk overwrite groups if exist
Delete group if don’t exist
Delete field if don’t exist
Delete Post Type if don’t exist
Delete Taxonomy if don’t exist
Groups to be added/updated
Clients link
Projects data
Clients
Employee info
Service icon
Fields to be added/updated
descriptions
Service icon
Photo
Social
Facebook
Twitter
Linkedin
Google Plus
Position
Client function/Company name
Client photo
Project URL
Service link
Toggle individual header image for this page
Header image
Header title
Header text
Header button title
Header button link
Project custom link
Page background image
Header logo
Video URL
Link
Custom link
Post Types to be added/updated
Services
Employees
Testimonials
Clients
Projects

Can you please check permissions on your sever? You can learn more about it on this WordPress Codex page:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Hardening_WordPress#File_Permissions

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello Roman,

I just check and my permissions are correct. I don’t understand why I am having such a difficult time.

This should be a simple process to load a theme. What do we need to do to make this work?

Tom, do you have a staging or local environment to test a clean install?

Kind Regards, Roman.

I have a child theme setup, but I haven’t loaded anything on the original theme, so I can just delete the whole theme and start over.

Hello Roman,

I just did a complete reinstall and same thing… This is a week now that I’ve been trying to load this theme. It shouldn’t be so difficult. Now what?

Can I give you access and you can see why I am having such an issue with this issue. I mean I haven’t even loading the theme completely.

Thank you for your help. Trying not to give up on this one…

Hello Tom,

Please try to reinstall WordPress completely (including the database), then install Perth Pro and follow the steps in Documentation one by one. Also please make sure that your server meets WordPress Requirements:
https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

Kind Regards, Roman.

I just completely deleted and then reinstalled Wordpress 4.7.2 and then deleted Perth Pro and reinstalled Preth Pro. Made it all the way to settings, went toolset /import/perth-settings. I see the files checked and then when I hit import, “Types import error Unable to process file”.

Now what?

Thanks for your help , I thought I saw the other moderator post a different perth-settings, but I couldn’t find it a second time.

Tom

Hello Tom,

Did you check if your server meets WordPress Requirements?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Yes, I just verified with GoDaddy that I am running on 5.6.

Maybe I just need to find another theme. We can’t seem to get this to work.

How do I get a refund?

Hi,

Sorry for the troubles you’ve been having. The issue is not with the theme but there’s something between Types and your server. Otherwise the import works fine.

Can you send me an admin account to vlad[at]athemes.com so I can have a look? We can refund you if you don’t want me to try importing, just let me know.

Hi Tom,

I’ve refunded you. Sorry we couldn’t get it to work.

Charlie