Parallax on Mobile - not happening

Hi folks,

(thread moved here from another thread).

A page (PB) has a row with background photo and some foreground items (images), which produce a very nice parallax effect. When using Chrome on Windows, I reduce the viewing area at will – e.g. to a size way narrower than my mobile – and I still get a perfect parallax (nicely reduced to the visible area size). Moreover, Chrome has a feature to actually emulate all kinds of phones and tablets for you (within the Inspect feature) – very nice. No matter which phone I emulate (Nexus 6P, iPhone 5, iPhone 6…) I get a perfectly played parallax.

Until I go to an actual mobile phone. There, no parallax. Everything scrolls in sync – foreground and background. It’s as if the row answers to background-attachment: scroll. Only that on the PC, with the same size of viewing area - there’s full parallax.
I’m trying it in Chrome on an Android 6 phone.

This is weird (as I don’t understand the media query that would account for this difference) and I’m quite at loss as to how to fix it. As a data point, the phone does show nice parallax with the web site mentioned in the previous thread.

Thanks!

Hi,

The parallax effect doesn’t work on mobile devices due to device limitations, so most of the smartphones and tablets don’t show parallax effect at all, so it’s not a screensize issue, it’s a device limitation ( this is how most of the mobile devices work ).

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,

Thanks for the quick response!
Your answer makes perfect sense, and in fact this is what I thought and would have kept thinking if it weren’t for some counter-examples. See the data point at the end of my post above. Viewing that web site on the very same phones produces the parallax effect. I’m not sure how they do it though.

Thanks again,
Doron

Hi,

That can be done with some custom coding, but the default parallax effect won’t work on mobiles, I guess it was done with some Custom jQuery.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi,

I’m glad it’s resolved! If you need help with anything else, please open a new topic.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Csaba