Parallax not "parallaxing"

Hi,

I added 3 images to my site, that I want to use as dividers on a long page and specified that they should use the parallax effect but… :-/ The images simply scroll up and don’t do what I believe they should with the parallax set.

Site is: http://www.empowergraphics.net/clients/harborshops/

Thanks!
Eric

Hello Eric,

Please check this video:

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Roman:

I just watched the whole video and nothing in there tells me how to make my parallaxes do the parallax thing!! I set the image to parallax and it’s acting like a regular graphic. You can check my code - I can set up access for you so you can see…

Eric

Roman:

I just tried a different way of doing what I want (by adding the image to the background of the row) but… it is now parallaxing but making my image only 20 pixels high!!!

I then used my existing image widget and deleted the image and added a background image instead. It is also now making it only about 30/40 pixels tall!!!

So… how can I add an an image, full width of the screen, that has the parallax effect and is 400 pixels high? (You can see what I want at this site that I recently completed with another theme and had NO issues like I’m now having with Sydney!) - www.TheBrandLiaison.com

Thanks!
Eric

PS - I also have another 2 questions that haven’t been answered in over a few days…

Roman:

I have a Support user so you can go and see exactly what I’m talking about…

Username: [hidden]
Password: [hidden]

URL: http://www.empowergraphics.net/clients/harborshops/wp-admin

Thanks!

Hello Eric,

1. Please do dot post your credentials here (or in any other public places), that’s very insecure. You might want to change password or remove that user now.

2. Please try to do the following. Add a new row, edit it and add a background image in Design section, then select Full Width Stretched option in Layout section. After that add a text widget into that row and add a few line breaks there, like this:

<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
  1. What are your other issues?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Roman:

Thanks for replying. I have deleted that user but there really isn’t anything there for anyone to steal or mess with.

I made the changes you suggested. After going back and forth with a couple of option, it finally worked with the size/height of the image but the image is WAY out of size - for some reason, it’s MUCH larger than it should be and is all blurred and pixelated!! How do I make it the actual size?

And there were two other issues open. One I worked out on my own, the other was being handled by someone else who seems to have forgotten about me - it is number #742476. Basically when I add an anchor and link to it on a page, it moves the page to the top of the browser window and not to the bottom of the sticky menu. I want the anchor to line up with the bottom of the sticky menu and not behind it! I’ve done this on many other themes and it simply works/knows where the actual page starts (below the sticky menu).

Thanks!
Eric

Okay Eric,

1. Please try to use higher image, something like 16×9 or even 4×3.

2. Please create a new topic for that other issue with current details (what you did, which code applied, etc.) in order to make it easier to help you.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Roman:

I don’t know what you mean by a higher image. Those images are 1200 x 300. When I use it as a background image, it is scaled HUGE. When I put it in an image widget, they are the right size but do not parallax!

And I always do create new topics but you asked me what the issue was!! Why ask me if I should just start a new topic??

Eric

Hello Eric,

1. Please try to use Full HD (1920×1080) image instead of 1200×300.

2. You told that you have other issue that is neither resolved nor answered for a long time. I suggested to create a new topic because I think that it will help you to resolve that issue faster.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks Roman, that worked!

Roman:

My other issue is #742476 - Kharis has stopped responding. Can you respond or smack him upside his head?

Thanks!

Eric,

As far as I understand, you just want to get working page jumps without menu overlay. But I’m not sure what you have already done. Yes, I have read that topic, but still not sure :slight_smile:

Here is how I would do it. First, I would use id attribute, not name, it is not supported in HTML5:
https://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_a_name.asp

Second, I would apply some CSS offset to each anchor id as a workaround:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Roman:

Thanks for replying. I did what you suggest but when I added

#ace {
    padding-top: 185px;
    margin-top: -185px;
}

as an example for the first section, all it did was move the whole section up so it was covering the word “ANCHORS”. This did not work. Any other suggestions?

This is all really strange as I’ve worked with so many other themes and they just knew the menu was there and started the page below it instead of what Sydney is doing, which is starting behind the menu - I didn’t have any of these issues…

Thanks,
Eric

Hello Eric,

You placed ID into row, but since row already has padding, offset workaround breaks the layout. Please remove ID from row, place it in text, and try again.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Roman:

I was told what to do by you and two of your other tech support guys. I am just doing what I’m told. You advertise Sydney as a theme that does not need any programming but this, which I’ve done so many times before, and which to me seems like basic html, is NOT working!

Your one guy says to use “name” tag. You tell me not to.

I’m just confused and have no idea what you mean - even you told me not to put it in the text and to put it as an attribute ID, and now you’re saying the opposite.

So frustrating!!! Can you be more precise as to what to do - I am a graphic designer NOT a programmer - that why I chose Sydney!!
Eric

Hello Eric,

Yes, I understand that it’s frustrating. Often I try different approaches to find working one, and even in that case usually there are other alternative ways. I’m sorry that you have that much inconveniences. It looks like this issue requires close inspection, I would be glad to help you, but this goes beyond our support policy. As an option, you can find a reputable freelancer on Upwork for this kind of service.

Kind Regards, Roman.