Parallax has stopped 'Parallaxing'

Hi there,

My website uses images in section dividers that have buttons within them. Until recently, the background images were ‘parallaxing’ nicely - it’s one of the reasons I chose the Sydney Pro theme. For some reason, they’ve become fixed images.

When I look at the ‘row’ options, I can set a background image, but not the parallax option.
When I look at the ‘widget’ options, I can set a background image and I see the parallax option - but the image is not the full width/height of the row.
It looks as if the parallax option that was available for the ‘row’ had disappeared.

The website is: https://haleparkweddings.co.uk/

The first example is the row titled ‘What would you like to do next?’ with a house in the background.

How can I get the background images moving again?

Many thanks.

Hello,

I’ve just checked your “What would you like to do next?” section in Chrome and Firefox browsers, but it has full width parallax background. Have you already resolved this issue?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks Kharis - looks like it’s a Firefox issue. Chrome and Safari show the Parallax but Firefox has fixed bars despite clearing the cache and re-starting and using a private browser window.

Hello,

Can you please specify your operating system and affected Firefox version?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,
Here’s the Firefox Browser details:

Browser Firefox
Browser Version 62.0
User Agent String Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.13; rv:62.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/62.0
OS Type Macintosh
OS Name OS X 10.13
Capture Time 2018-10-13 09:00:57 UTC
Javascript true
Cookies true
Color Depth 24
Screen 1440 x 900
Browser 1322 x 781
Flash 28.0.-1
Java false
Language en-US

Many thanks.

Hello, thank you for the details.

I can’t recreate your environment, but I’ll ask our Developer to check your issue, let’s see what he says.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi there,

I’m not entirely sure what happened there, but here’s a temporary fix you can add in Customize > Additional CSS:

.panel-row-style[data-hasbg="hasbg"] {
    background-position: center !important;
    background-attachment: fixed;
    background-size: cover !important;
}

Vlad

Thanks Roman and Vlad,

The fix gives me a static image in the background that the ‘front page’ then moves over, but it’s not as elegant as the moving background within the parallax row when it’s working properly.

Do you know when the effect that works so well in Chrome will work in Firefox?

Hello,

I have added this issue to our list, it might be fixed in a future theme update. However, I can’t tell when new theme version will be released, unfortunately. Hope for your understanding.

Kind Regards, Roman.