Parallax Background Images

Hello… I searched. I have limited experience with wp. To create the parallax effect do I need to be using a specific page builder? Elementor seems to be getting promoted with the Sydney theme. Is that what I need? I want to make a front page much like the demo but I did not import demo content because I am changing to the Sydney theme from another. The site is already built in the other one. I will recreate the front page and maybe all of them.

So… is Elementor the one I need? I will probably get the pro version. Is it the best option for Sydney? Does it matter?

Is there a video or tutorial about creating parallaxes? Any helpful hints on the subject?

Thank You

Hello,

First, you can check how parallax looks in Sydney with Elementor on Sydney demo site:
https://demo.athemes.com/sydney/

To create the parallax effect do I need to be using a specific page builder? Elementor seems to be getting promoted with the Sydney theme. Is that what I need?

I think that most page builders support parallax, but Sydney is designed to work with Elementor.

I will probably get the pro version. Is it the best option for Sydney? Does it matter?

It’s enough to install free version to get demo site look. But pro version has useful extra features, so please decide if you need them.

Is there a video or tutorial about creating parallaxes? Any helpful hints on the subject?

We don’t have the specific video for that, but there are some interesting solutions that you can find online. If you want to achieve demo site look, you should edit a section, add background image in Style tab, and select Fixed for Attachment.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thank You Roman. I am making my first one and it is working out well. It is also easy to use some inline CSS (style=“color: white;”) to tweek some things. I do have an issue related to that and all sections and content on a page. I made a new page and indicated the front page template. I wanted to make the page full width without the side bar. It will look so much nicer if my sections span the entire width of the screen. My background images are very high res and can accommodate that. The sidebar can be on other pages. Please let me know how I can change the front page to a full width page. In the meantime I will be looking for the way to do it.

I found where I can indicate for the section to be full width, but the right sidebar remains. I wish to take that sidebar out of the front page.

NEVERMIND. I FOUND IT!!

Thank You.

Okay, you are welcome!

But please let me know if you need more help :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.