Page wrap bug

Hello,

When I scroll down the pages of my website, there is a bug with the page wrap between the content and the header. At the beginning, the content “jumps” behind the header instead of scrolling down smoothly. (you can see it well when logged in but there is still a “jump” for whoever looks at it) I had to make the page wrapper bigger so the content wasn’t cut behind the header.

I tried, to remove each custom CSS I use one by one, but nothing changed, I also tried with the plugins but nothing happened neither.

Could you give me a hand on that please?

Have a great day,
Vic

Hello Vic,

I don’t see the jump. Can you please provide explanatory screencast?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

Here are two screenshots, before and after the jump. If I reduce the page wrap height it does the same but behind the header.

Before jump

After jump

Hello Vic,

Please try to use the following CSS code.

You can add CSS code to your site with Simple Custom CSS plugin (just copy CSS code and paste it in Dashboard → Appearance → Custom CSS after installing and activating the plugin). Also you can add CSS code directly to style.css file of your child theme.

.site-header.fixed {
    position: static !important;
}

Kind Regards, Roman.

hello Roman,

Thank you, it works well for the pages except for the home page. The only page that didn’t have the jump is the only one to have it now :slight_smile:
Is there a way to exclude it from the CSS ?

Victor

Hello Victor,

Please try to add this custom CSS code in addition to previous:

body.home .site-header.fixed {
    position: absolute !important;
}

Kind Regards, Roman.

This is absolutely perfect :slight_smile: Thank you for your help and your time Roman.
Have a good day,

You are welcome Victor!

And have a good day as well :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.