Page with standard layout always shows blog posts despite "static page" setting

In Wordpress I have set my front page to static. Still, however blog posts are displayed. And when I create a new page according to standard layout, there is always the blog posts on the right hand side. I do not see an option to remove my blog posts on a standard page. What do I do wrong?

Thanks,
René

Hello René,

Can you please provide a link to that page in order to let me check it?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

I only run it on a local host for the time being, since I cannot overwrite my current site with my new work-in-progress WP-site. I’m a new WP user but it seems you cannot build up your site in draft completely, without publishing every now and then. Can I somehow send you other information to let you analyse my issue?

Thanks,
René

Okay René,

Can you please provide a screenshot of your home page?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Sure, but how do I insert that in this message please?

René, you can just provide a link to screenshot or use IMG button to include it into post.

Kind Regards, Roman.

But as I said, I am building my site on a localhost because I cannot publish it until it is finished to replace my old site. Hence I cannot provide a link via the internet, or? Can I somehow send you a document?

Rgds,
René

Hello René,

I don’t ask for a link to your website, I ask for a link to a screenshot of your home page.

Kind Regards, Roman.

yes i understand, but I’m afraid I do not understand how I can attach a screen shot. I do not see an upload/attachment button in this post window, and can also not copy/paste an image. That’s where i’m confused, sorry.

Hello René,

You can try to use snag.gy, Google Drive, Dropbox, or something similar. Then you should have a link to your screenshot that you can easily post here.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Although I would still be interested to know how I can show you a screen shot, the issue has been resolved by setting the correct page template, which was apparently the issue. Also, I did not see the blog at the side of my page, but it was the side bar. Sorry for the confusion :wink:

Great! Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have in future.

Kind Regards, Roman.