Page Titles automatically appear on each page

http://thisquillforhire.com/services/

Hello,
The title of each of my pages appears at the top of each page. “Services” is at the top of my services page. “Contact” is at the top of my contact page, etc.
I don’t want that. How do I fix it?

Hello Valerie,

Currently your website is in Maintenance mode.

Can you please turn it off and let me know?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi there,
Maintenance mode is off.
Thanks for your help with this!
-V

Please try to use the following CSS code.

You can add CSS code to your site with Simple Custom CSS plugin (just copy CSS code and paste it in Dashboard → Appearance → Custom CSS after installing and activating the plugin). Also you can add CSS code directly to style.css file of your child theme.

#page {
    padding-top: 140px;
}

.home #page {
    padding-top: 2.5%;
}

Also I kindly suggest you to turn off Jetpack Mobile Theme.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,
I followed your kind instructions. Unfortunately, it didn’t work. :frowning:
The page titles are still appearing at the top of each page. Do you have any other ideas for how I could correct this?
Thanks again.
-V

Okay Valerie,

Please remove that code, make sure that you do not use Front Page template for pages other than home page, clear your browser’s cache, and try again.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,
I tried again. Still no luck resolving the issue.
What else can I do?
Thanks,
Valerie

Well, can you please deactivate all your plugins except recommended and see if it helps?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello,
I’ve deactivated all but the recommended plugins. Page titles are still appearing at the tops of each page. :frowning:
Any other suggestions?

Hello Valerie,

Looks like you have set 1px of top and bottom padding in settings.

Can you please try to revert top padding to default value? Default value of top padding is 83px, you can change it in your Dashboard → Appearance → Customize → General.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Valerie. I use this plugin to get rid of the page titles. Very easy to use. Just go to the page in edit mode and scroll down to see what title you want to disable.

Thank you Roman and Copen. The Disable Title plugin solved the issue. I sincerely appreciate your help with this!

Great!

I close this topic.

Kind Regards, Roman.