Page template without a header

Hi,

I am using the Sydney template. I need a page template without a header. Does anybody has one. Kindly share.

Thanks,
Carlou

Hello Carlou,

You can try to hide (not remove) header on certain pages with CSS. Is it an acceptable solution for you?

Kind Regards, Roman.

P. S.
Removing (not hiding) the header seems to require some PHP coding (header.php modifying).

Hi Roman,

Thanks for your reply. Can you share the CSS code that I can use to hide the header. And where will i put the code. Apology if this is a basic question. Im not a developer.

Thanks,
Carlou

Hello Carlou,

Please provide links to the pages that you want to hide header on.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Ramon,

Thanks for your generous help. I found a blog over the internet that shows how to create a page template without a header. I don’t know how to read the php code but it did the work. I’m a little bit concerned that it might interfere with the code of Sydney theme. URL1 below is a sample page using this option.

URL2 is a page created using the Front Page template of Sydney theme. Can you share a CSS code that will hide the header for selected pages (Not all pages).

Thanks again,
Carlou

URL1:
URL2:

Hello Carlou,

1. You mentioned “selected pages”, can you please specify those selected pages?

2. Two links that you posted above seem to be broken, can you please check them?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

Hi Roman,

What i mean by selected pages is if i choose to use the Front Page template, this template by default has a header. I envisage that when I put the CSS code you mention, it will hide the header.

I check the two URL i sent and they are working. Here are the actual urls.

http://sapwizzards.com/wordpress/test-page-2/

http://sapwizzards.com/wordpress/test-page/

regards,
carlou

Hello Carlou,

Please try to use the following CSS code in order to hide (not remove) header on pages with Front Page template.

You can add CSS code in Dashboard → Appearance → Customize → Additional CSS (WordPress 4.7 and up).

body.page-template-page_front-page header#masthead {
    display: none;
}

By the way, I still can’t access those links (I’m getting Not Found error). However, it doesn’t seem to be important anymore.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Ramon,

I tried the CSS code but it did not work. Apology for the broken URL’s. Something went wrong with my DNS settings specifically with the nameserver settings. I’ve now transferred my website from Hostgator to my own web server. Here are the new URL’s

Page using template front page

Page using a template without the header.

The first URL is a page using the Front Page template. I entered the CSS code you provided but it didn’t work. Hopefully you can now access these URL’s to check what went wrong.

Regards,
Carlou

Hello Carlou,

Well, now I see that there is also header image that you want to hide.

Please try to use this CSS code instead of previous in order to hide header image as well:

body.page-template-page_front-page header#masthead,
body.page-template-page_front-page .sydney-hero-area {
    display: none;
}

Kind Regards, Roman.