Page Navigation

Hi Vlad,

I just installed the plugin WP PageNavi because I really think it looks great on other websites, but on my website It won’t work. I found an older thread where you mentioned it’s something that work now and I don’t need to change anything in php.

Can you check it out and find a way to work on http://www.kieshetsnel.nl/ (yeah it’s at the moment only 1 post per page) and maybe the plugin can even work on a single post?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Hi,

I probably said that for a different theme. Support for WP Pagenavi is not implemented in Sydney and it won’t be because WordPress will change some things regarding pagination soon. Basically Pagenavi doesn’t work out of the box so you’ll need to follow the installation guide that Pagenavi provides and do it manually.

Hi,

Oh I’m sorry, I didn’t check that but yes that’s an option that it is a different theme.
What do you mean exactly by Wordpress will change some things? Is there anywhere I could read?

I changed these two lines:
<div class=“nav-previous”><?php next_posts_link( __( ‘Older posts’, ‘sydney’ ) ); ?></div>
<div class=“nav-next”><?php previous_posts_link( __( ‘Newer posts’, ‘sydney’ ) ); ?></div>
into <?php wp_pagenavi(); ?> as mentioned in the installation guide from Pagenavi but unfort. there is no change I can see.