Page named "services" can't be found

for some reason, ONLY when i create a page called “services” and click on view page, it cannot be found. If i rename the services page to service then it works. But i need a page called: services. why is this happing?

Permalink: https://northsacfrc.com/services/

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting us. I am happy to help out!

/services page will always load the archive page for the Services post type since the Sydney Toolbox is enabled.

It is normal as Sydney Toolbox defines ‘services’ as the post type slug for ‘Services’ post type. You can change this slug name to anything else with the help of the Custom Post Type Editor plugin.

Or if you don’t want to add a plugin to your site, you use this PHP snippet to apply into your child theme’s functions.

function sydney_change_services_slug() {
        return 'yournewslug';
    }
    add_filter('sydney_services_rewrite_slug', 'sydney_change_services_slug');

​I hope this reply helps. Let me know in case of any other queries we can help with.

Stay safe.
Have an excellent day :slight_smile:

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

i installed the plugin “Custom Post Type Editor” and changed the flowing fields in the plug-in under servcies:

but when i create a web page “servcies” and try to go to it the page cannot be found. Would you please give step by step instructions on how to fix this using the plugin
thanx
-tony

Hi Tony,

Thank you for getting back.
I am sorry for taking so long in response. I really appreciate your patience.

I forgot to mention that you should flush the permalink once the slug is updated. It can be done by going to the Dashboard > Permalinks menu and just hit the save button.

I request you to give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Stay safe.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

yeah, i tried refreshing permlinks but still service page not found?

Hello there,

Thank you for updating me.

Can you visit the link directly from the respective page from Dashboard > Pages menu? This will confirm whether that permalink has changed for some reasons in the database or not.

Stay safe.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

If i go to dashboard>pages and choose “services” page, i can edit the page but when i go to view the page directly it cannot be found. Did i setup the plugin correctly above maybe?

Hello there,

Thank you for getting back and updating me. I really appreciate it!

I need direct access to your site’s admin area to inspect further what is stopping you from getting the correct permalink for your Services page. So I just requested you to share the login credentials to your site’s admin (/wp-admin) by sending a direct message.

Please share the login credentials in a reply to my direct message. Let me know if you haven’tyet received it.

Stay safe.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

the plugin documentation says the it can’t rewrite slug names. if i was to use the php code what plugin would i use? I ask because all the php plugins i found translate the php code to shortcode. then you need put the shortcode in a page. so, i am not sure what page i need to place the shortcode or if this would work.

Hello there,

I am not sure if the plugin is the source of your issue. I need direct access to your website’s admin area, to investigate it further. Please DM me the working login credentials to your site’s administrator area (/wp-admin).

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support