Page background images: full width not working

Theme: Moesia
Problem: Page background images won’t stretch to full width

I have not found my answer so far, after heavy searching. I have homepage (www.sogratex.com) with three subsites: www.sogratex.com/NL, /DE and /EN. (Dutch, German and English, need that structure, so that’s the way it is). Now, on the pages of the DE- and EN-sites, all is working fine with regard to the background image on the pages: full width and parallax. On de NL-site, I have big white paddings on the left and the right side. ALL the settings are exactly the same for the 3 sites (I checked every setting in Customise, I checked the row and background image settings in Page Builder (set to full width, parallax-Original Size, etc.). ALL 3 sites have the same Moesia-theme version, all the updates, all the same plugins, all of them updated as well.
For your comparison:
http://www.sogratex.com/nl/services/vertalingen/ (NL-version, with white paddings on left and right)
http://www.sogratex.com/de/services/uebersetzungen/ (DE-version, full width)
Parallax is working on all three sites, but on the NL-site, the images just won’t stretch to full width, with ONE exception: The contact page. (http://www.sogratex.com/nl/contact/) ALL settings at this page are identical to the other pages. (The front page is working fine as well). Why is this happening? I’m really, really desperate.

Further information: I think this happened yesterday, when a business partner shortly switched back to a basic theme (TwentyFour-theme) ONLY on the NL-site, in order to check on a minor bug. After switching back to the Moesia-theme, the images just wouldn’t adjust to full width anymore, despite the settings. Yesterday morning, all was still working well. What could have caused this?

Please, please help?

For further information: I completely checked/compared the stylesheets (style.css) of the German and the Dutch site: they are identical. So the error can’t be in there… (German works, Dutch doesn’t).

(I actually had the intention to buy Moesia Pro for my sites, but after this incomprehensible flaw, I’m not so sure anymore o.O )

Hello LouBaringo,

Please try to use the following CSS code.

You can add CSS code in DashboardAppearanceCustomizeAdditional CSS (WordPress 4.7 and up). Also you can add CSS code directly to style.css file of your child theme.

body.custom-background {
    background-size: cover !important;
}

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,
thanks for your reply! I already tried that solution (found it here on the forum), but it doesn’t work: the problem stays. The funny thing is that the style.css is the same on all three sites, but only the Dutch one doesn’t work properly (after the short theme switch described above). Any other suggestions?

Okay, I take it all back. I know I’m a dummy at Wordpress, but one } was missing, when adding your suggested code. I saw it inbetween the other codes in the css so I added that one } to give it a last try. And it worked!! So the code to be added is:

}
body.custom-background {
    background-size: cover !important;
}

WITH the top } (for all other wp-dummies like me).

Thanks for your help, Roman! I’ve lost about a ton of weight now.

You are welcome LouBaringo! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.