Page and form control

1. I would like to change the background color on my pages. (Now every page is white when using a backgound picture. (For ex. using white text on black background with some opacity).
  2. I would like to control the form function, on which pages to have it activated. (Now “Leave a reply” forms appear on all pages at the bottom).
  3. I can´t change the color of the submit button for “Leave a reply” forms.

How do I fix these things?
Thanks for helping,
Michael

Not much to fix as far as I can see.

1. You can change the background color for your site from Customize > Colors.
  2. This is not theme related. You need to edit your page and disable comments for the pages you want, just like any other theme.
  3. If you change your primary color than the button will change too.

Thanks.

1. This does not change the background color to a specific page created in the Page meny, only the theme background is changed. Any other idea?

2. Sorry, I’m not that used to wordpress - where on the Page (edit-mode) is this done?

3. “Primary color (Updates after you click Save&Publish)” - is this the one you refer to (Customize > colors)? Mine is changed long ago but submit button is still default orange (Safari browser).

1. Well, yeah. To change the color for a specific page you’d need to target that page with CSS by page ID and change the color.
  2. Edit your page and see Screen Options in the top-right. Toggle Discussion and you’ll see the options show up below your post editor.
  3. Can I see the page you’re referring to?

1. How is this done exactly? I checked in Appearance > editor > style.css. I found this part - correct? Which are the classes to look for?
    /--------------------------------------------------------------
    Posts and pages
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    /
    .sticky {
    background-color: #f5f5f5;
    }
    .hentry {
    margin: 0 0 60px;
    }
    .byline,
    .updated {
    display: none;
    }
    .single .byline,
    .group-blog .byline {
    display: inline;
    }
    .page-content,
    .entry-content,
    .entry-summary {
    }
    .hentry .entry-content img {
    margin-bottom: 10px;
    }
    .page-links {
    clear: both;
    margin: 0 0 1.5em;
    }
    .entry-header {
    margin-bottom: 15px;
    border-bottom: 4px double #ebebeb;
    }
    .entry-title,
    .entry-meta {
    margin: 0 0 10px 0;
    }
    .entry-title a {
    color: #444;
    }
    .entry-title a,
    .widget a,
    .entry-meta a,
    .entry-footer a {
    -webkit-transition: color 0.3s;
    transition: color 0.3s;
    text-decoration: none;
    }
    .entry-title a:hover,
    .widget a:hover,
    .entry-meta a:hover,
    .entry-footer a:hover {
    color: #ff6b53;
    }
    .entry-thumb img {
    border: 4px double #ebebeb;
    -webkit-transition: all 0.3s;
    transition: all 0.3s;
    }
    .entry-thumb img:hover {
    opacity: 0.7;

}
.single-thumb {
margin-bottom: 30px;
}
.entry-meta,
.entry-meta a,
.entry-footer,
.entry-footer a {
color: #cfcfcf;
font-size: 13px;
}
.entry-meta span,
.entry-footer span {
margin-right: 10px;
}
.entry-footer {
margin-top: 15px;
padding-top: 15px;
border-top: 4px double #ebebeb;
}
.hentry .post-content,
.single .hentry,
.page .hentry {
padding: 30px;
background-color: #fff;
}
/* Author bio /
.author-bio {
margin-bottom: 60px;
padding: 30px;
background-color: #fff;
}
.author-bio .avatar {
display: block;
margin: 0 auto;
}
.author-name {
padding-bottom: 15px;
border-bottom: 4px double #ebebeb;
}
.author-social {
text-align: center;
}
.author-social a {
font-size: 25px;
color: #ff6b53;
line-height: 1;
margin-right: 5px;
}
.author-social a:last-child {
margin-right: 0;
}
.author-desc {
}
.view-all {
}
.view-all,
.view-all a {
font-weight: 700;
color: #444;
}
/
Project single */

.project-name,
.project-desc {
display: block;
margin-bottom: 15px;
}

1. Got it!
  2. Sorry, color is working in Safari 5.1.10 but not in Firefox 33.0
    http://www.perfectlyunknown.se/rockme/

1. What exactly are you trying to change, the white background for the page content?
    Add this in a custom CSS plugin if that is correct:

.page .hentry {
   background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5);
}

1. Yeah, something is throwing firefox off track. Please go to styles.php (you can find it on the right where you opened the style.css file), search for , ::selection and remove it.

1. Thanks, will try this

2. When trying in Safari 6.1.6 I found that all pages has to be scrolled dowm do be seen. The pages are not visible at the top when uploaded as in Safari 5.1.10.
    http://www.perfectlyunknown.se/rockme/

1. Yeap, we fixed this issue and we’re waiting for the update to be reviewed and be pushed live. If you want you can download it from here before that happens.

1. Great, there is another small problem in Safari when doing Moesia: Video Widget. The title-line (orange in my case) doesn’t position itself in the middle of the screen, slightly to the right. In Firefox it works fine. http://www.perfectlyunknown.se/ (scroll down on this page and check for the widget title).

2. When updating the Moesia theme, does my changes for ex. in css-sheet stay good. Or do they get overwritten? If so, how do I get this to work properly?

1. This happens in very old versions of Safari because they don’t properly support pseudo-elements.
  2. The changes get removed, just like with any other theme. You need to either use a custom CSS plugin like I recommended above or build a child theme.

1. Did Moesia theme update (1.12) just now - but it seems all pages now starts too high up after being loaded - in my opinion they should ancor below the top area (menu, logo etc) as before.
  • Firefox 33.0.2 - here you CAN´T scroll down the top section of a page - it will stay default hidden, so you can’t read the headline of a page.
  • Safari 6.1.6 - here you CAN scroll down the top area of a page, not being hidden.
  • Safari 5.1.10 works as it should

Use this for now in your custom CSS plugin and we’ll find a nicer solution later:

.stuck {
   position: relative;
}
.home.page .stuck {
   position: fixed;
}

1.a. Re. pages background. The code you showed me previously, how do I get it to work for a sidebar widget background. Also, if I wan’t a background picture instead of colors, how do I do that?

b. The textcolor for all pages is changed in Colors > Text. How do I change the colors for the sidebar widgets?

1. Thanks, could you give me a lead in how to make a “custom CSS plugin”, any particular plugin you recommend to work in?

1. Something like this:

.widget-area .widget {
    background-color: #f5f5f5;
    color: #333;
}

If you also want to add a background image you would need to do something like this:

.widget-area .widget {
   background-image: url('pathtoyourimage.png');
}

1. This would be a custom CSS plugin.

1. Tried the .stuck - it seems to work except that the page is not floating underneath the header in Firefox / Safari 6.1.6. It still works fine in Safari 5.1.10. When do you release a better solution to this header problem?

Yeah, that was the whole point of the fix I gave you, to stop the header from floating and to avoid issues. We have a better way of doing this and we’ll probably release a new version today.

1. Checked floating header in 1.16. For Safari 5.1.10 - menu is still fixed. The result from the short code: “audio” and “Calculated Fields Form” doesn’t show up side-manu Widgets on Safari 5.1.10. Tips, trix?

Hi,

updated to the latest Moesia version.

• The “Header image” is now not shown on first page in Safari 5.1.10 as before
    (It appears only in “customize” mode).

Is this fixable?
Michael

Hey,

Refresh your page please. You might have some caching issues. If by first page you mean this: http://www.perfectlyunknown.se/, I’m seeing it perfectly fine in Safari 5.1.7. Also, Safari 5.x.x is now three years old without any updates, I really wouldn’t worry about it.

Thanks, it works!