Overlay in Employee Type B widget

I’m wondering if there’s a way to get the same kind of overlays as in the employee widget as well in the Employee Type B widget? Or the other way round: not to have employees listed in a caroussel but in a table like structure as in Employee widget Type B?
Cheers, Timo

Hello Timo,

I’m not sure what exactly you want to achieve, can you please provide some explanatory screenshots?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Well the standard Employee widget has this nice overlay when you hover over the pic (and I made it show the name of the employee and the position over the overlay as well … very nice!). But it is only available as a carousel. My customer wants all their 9 Employees shown at the same time (like employee widget Type B offers) - but in Type B I can’t find any overlay when you hover over the pics and I can’t show name and position of the person on top of the pictures when the mouse moves over there … is it impossible or did I just not find the parameter how to tune the employee widget type B?
Cheers, Timo

Hello Timo, thank you for explanation.

You can try to use Sydney FP: Employees - Type B widget with Style 2 option selected in widget settings.

It will add overlay with social buttons, but employee name and position will still be below employee image.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks Roman,
sorry for beeing unprecise. I’m aware that you can get an overlay with style 2.
Please have a look here: http://mvz.tim-o.com/das-team

The first line is the employee widget. No text below the widget, overlay and text of name and position within the overlay and the overlay is clickable leading to a details subsite of the person.

Lines 2-4 are employee widget type B Style 2. I’d like to have the individual box work the same as in the overlay of line 1. No text below, clickable overlay with name and position. If possible I’d also like to customize transparency, color and size (in the employee widget the overlay is smaller than the original picture - in widget Type B it’s larger) of the overlay.

I tried to derive the changes from the input lyou guys gave here for the standard employee widget where these settings are well explained … but I did not get theses things to run for Type B …

Cheers, Timo

Hello Timo,

I don’t think that there is an easy way to do it, unfortunately. It looks like this issue requires some coding and testing on different screen resolutions, this goes beyond our support policy. It’s considered advanced customization. As an option, you can contact Codeable for this kind of service, or find a reputable freelancer on Upwork.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,
thanks for your answer. I was hoping that I just did not find the settings to adjust parameters accordingly. I’m sure it can be reached by advanced programming.
Cheers, Timo

Okay Timo, you are welcome!

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have in future.

Kind Regards, Roman.