Other Social Media on employees?

Any way to swap out twitter and google+ to LinkedIn and YouTube Links and icons on the employee section?

DavisRealty4U.com

Hi,

You can change the Twitter icon to LinkedIn by modifying the below code in widgets / fp-employees, line 141:

<a class="twitter" href="<?php echo esc_url($twitter); ?>" target="_blank"><i class="fa fa-twitter"></i></a>

Modify <a class=“twitter” to <a class=“linkedin” ( this is not 100% necessary, but you can do that to have the same class name as the icon ), then change <?php echo esc_url($twitter); ?> to the link to your Twitter ( not necessary if you want to add the URL to the widget in back-end, but it may confuse you because that will ask for Twitter URL, but adding the URL will work for Linkedin, anyway the icon in front-end will be changed ) and change fa-twitter to fa-linkedin ( this is necessary to change the icon itself ).

then edit line 147 to change google+ to YouTube:

<a href="<?php echo esc_url($google); ?>"><i class="fa fa-google-plus"></i></a>

change <?php echo esc_url($google); ?> to your Youtube URL ( if you don’t want to set it in widget’s settings to Google URL, it’s not 100% necessary as explained above ) and change fa-google-plus with fa-youtube, this will change your icon.

Also if you want you can change the same for Employee Archive Page too, by changing the same code in archive_employees.php, the code should look the same way, just the line numbers are different, instead of line 141 for twitter it’s on line 47 in archive_employees.php, and google+ is on line 53.

Please let me know how it works.

Best Regards,
Csaba

well… the client decided to go another way, but I will archive this for the next site. Thank you so much for always having great advice that always works Awan. J

Hi,

Ok, You’re most welcome! If you need help with anything else, please, feel free to open a new topic.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Csaba