Ordering 'services' within widget

Hi all, can anyone tell me how I customise the order that my services appear in when using the Services widget in Sydney?

CHeers

Hello Will,

Services are ordered in Services widgets by date (newest first).

So to change services order you have to change services’ Published time, you can do it in Dashboard -> Services -> Edit a service.

I hope that it will help you :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks Roman. Does this mean every time I edit a service the order will change?

Thanks

The order will change only when Published date is changed. When you edit it, Published date does not change.

Best Regards, Roman.

Cheers

Okay Will,

Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

Sincerely, Roman.

While you’re here Roman, a couple of extra questions…

I have the social media widget at the bottom of my page. Can I move it to the header area?

and how do I change the heading on services widget to lower case? it’s all uppercase at the moment.

thanks

Hello Will,

I would be glad to help you, but can you please provide a link to your site?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Sure, it’s willcarson.co.uk.

Thanks Roman,

Will

Hello Will,

1. You can put widgets only in widget areas, header doesn’t have widget area. So, in this case theme functionality allows you to move your social widget from the bottom to the top of your page (by dragging it up in Page Builder). However, it will be below header, not inside.

2. Please use the following CSS code to change the heading on services widget to lower case (you can remove #pg-9-1 part if you want all headings to be the same):

#pg-9-1 .widget-title {
    text-transform: none !important;
}

You can add this code to style.css file of your child theme, also you can use Simple Custom CSS or similar plugin for adding CSS code.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks for your help Roman.

You are welcome Will!

I am glad to help you :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.

One last question - is there a way to get rid of the ‘create menu here’ link in the header?

Yes Will, there is a way to get rid of the “create menu here” link in the header.

Please use this CSS code:

.menu-fallback {
    display: none;
}

Kind Regards, Roman.

Perfect, thank you

You are welcome Will,

Let me know if you need more help.

Kind Regards, Roman.