Open mobile menu breaks on resize... even on aThemes demo page

If you open the mobile (hamburger) menu and resize the browser window to return to the desktop menu, the desktop menu displays strangely and submenus are broken. Refreshing the page brings the menus back (see screenshot).

I’ve been wrestling with this one for quite a while thinking I must have done something wrong. However, this occurs on the aThemes page too: https://demo.athemes.com/themes/?theme=Sydney I’ve tested this on different browsers and devices with the same result.

This occurs on four of the sites I manage that have been updated to the latest version of Sydney (1.77), but doesn’t occur on (1.71). Interestingly, the smooth scroll is broken on newer versions and the Sydney demo too. Does anyone have any thoughts about how I can fix this on my sites?

Hello,

First thanks for using our Sydney theme and sorry for this issue!

I am speaking with our development team now to provide a fix in a future version of the theme. For now, to fix please follow the steps below:

1. Install and activate the TC Custom JavaScript plugin
  2. Go To Appearance > Custom JavaScript
  3. Paste the following code into the provided box

(function($){

$(window).on('resize', function(){
        if( matchMedia('only screen and (min-width: 1025px)').matches && $('.mainnav').hasClass('toggled') ) {
            $('.mainnav').removeClass('toggled');
        }
    });

})(jQuery);

We hope this helps!

Please try that and let us know if you need further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support

Hi Rodrigo

That worked perfectly :smile:

Thanks for the amazing support. I use this theme on 5 sites, so I will be definitely be buying the Lifetime Access Bundle now!

All the best to you
Johnny

Hello Johnny,

You are welcome!

So glad to know you are using our theme in a lot of websites. Would be great if you buy the Lifetime Access Bundle!

If you need further assistance feel free to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support