Open Menu Item in New Window

I have a menu item which is a custom link to a PDF. How do I open this in a new window / tab - there is no link attribute to set this in the theme. thanks.

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am happy to help with your queries.

The open in a new window/tab is available on each menu setting when the Link Target is enabled from Screen Options, which is located at the top right side of the menu editing panel under Appearance > Menus.

Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 15.33.27

I hope this reply helps.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi, nope, I dont have that option on any of the only 4 menu items I have added. 3 local pages, 1 is an exteranl custom link to open in a new window.

In fact, there seems to be THREE locations to edit menus. 1 in ~Wordpress > Appearance > Menus - screenshot below also showing no option to open in window - plus there are 2 more more under the > Theme > Customize - “Menu” and “Menus” also dont have this option withthe Moesia theme

Hi,

When your screen is displaying custom menus editing panel (under the Appearance > Menus), you should see the Screen Options button at the top right side. Click it and enable the Link Target option.

Now you should see the Open link in a new tab on each menu item setting.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Sorted, thank you so much ! :grinning:

1 Like

You’re welcome!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support