Opacity and more

Hello

I’ve been looking around for the right Place to make the Changes but haven’t been able to find it.
Trying to make some Changes in mu Custom CSS…

1. How, or where, do I change the opacity for the .post-content SUCH that the background is more transparent BUT the text isn’t? (To clarify: It regards the comment section/box at start - se link below)
  2. How, or where, do I change the border from double to “none” or maybe “single” on the .post-content?
  3. How do I change the welcome-button and welcome-descripton such that it fades IN, instead of “flying in” from the sides, when entering the site?

www.mindmeutveckling.se
//Christian

Hello,

1&2. Remove the opacity and border you’ve added and add this instead (0.5 is the alpha channel, change that for opacity):

.hentry .post-content {
   background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.5);
   border: 2px solid #ebebeb; /* or 0 if you want */
}

1. Go to header.php and replace bounceInRight and bounceInUp with fadeIn. Better to do this in a child theme.

Thx Vlad.

Regarding 1&2:
Works! I´ve also added it to the .widget-area now.

However, I would like to add this to all the other pages.
What do I use instead of “.post-content” then?

For your info: I’ve tried like “.hentry .post-2” for one page and “.hentry .post-13” for Another…

Try this:

.hentry {
}

Or if you want to target specific posts use this:

.hentry.post-2 {
}

Notice that there is no space between hentry and .post-2. That’s because it has both these classes.

I´m very pleased about the style of my site and I’ve alos learned a lot during the Creation. You have been very helpful in answering all kinds of questions. I also realized that I probably don’t use as much as I can of the theme function itself but that´s ok. I´ll probably work in a different way next time.

Now to my question: Above Changes (In header.php) with “fadeIn” instead of “BounceInRIght” works perfect for me. However, I wonder how I can make the change such that it stays after every update you make?

You mentioned the childtheme but I´m not really sure on where or how that would look - could you give some example?

THanx for a great theme!

oh - www.mindmeutveckling.se

Here’s all you need about child themes: http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes
There are also plugins that create child themes, like Orbisius.