Only Specific Topic on Homepage

Is there any way which we can restrict the portfolio items that appear on the homepage of the site to a specific category or tag?

At the moment, all of my projects appear on my homepage, but I would like only those with the tag “Photography” to show on that page (so I can create other pages for other tags).

Any help is appreciated!

(callumcorrigan.info)

Hello,

I don’t think that there is an easy way to do it with default theme functionality, unfortunately. But you can try to use some portfolio plugin that meets your needs in order to achieve what you want. Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

I don’t suppose you have any recommendations do you?

The Jetpack portfolio obviously has the option to add tags and categories, but it appears there’s no way to actually filter which ones are displayed on the front end of the site (at least not a GUI one).

I did look in the editor at the portfolio template to see if I could add it as a condition, but I don’t really know what I’m doing in there!

Kind Regards,
Callum

Hello Callum,

You can try these plugins, for example:

Please let me know if you need more help.

Kind Regards, Roman.

P. S.
Ignis is designed to be a fairly simple theme, so it doesn’t have many fancy options.

Hi Roman,

If I implement any of these plugins, I’m presuming I’ll loose the lazy load sliding-uncover animation type thing which Ignis has built in?

Thank you,
Callum

Hello Callum,

Yeah, you’ll lose it, unfortunately. But you can try to achieve what you want, leave here a note, and I’ll check if it’s possible to apply that animation to plugin items. By the way, I’ve added this issue to our list, so Ignis might get this feature with a future update.

Kind Regards, Roman.