Only Front Page works properly- all other pages have an error

After switching themes, from Rocked to Sydney, the only page that works fine is the front page. All other pages are blank. After researching it seams it has something to do with the permalinks??? I’ve attempted to use every permalink option with no relief. It asks me to update htaccess, this is what is in there now:

BEGIN WordPress

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

END WordPress# BEGIN WordPress

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

END WordPress

When I switch back to the Rocked theme everything is fine. Any chance you know what the problem is?

Thank you for your time,
Mylinda

Hi,

Please post a links to your website, one to your homepage and a link to a blank page, so I can check why that doesn’t work.

Best Regards,
Csaba

I found a way to make it work, if I change the permalink to plain, my links work again. Although I would prefer to have my permalink be the post name… so at the moment the links are working because I chose the option of “plain permalink”.

Hi,

Please try to delete your .htaccess file from your domain’s root ( via FTP or cPanel > File Manager ), but first go to wp-admin > Settings > Permalinks select Post New, then delete the .htaccess, then go back to Permalinks and select the default Permalink Options > Save then select Post Name again > Save, then check how it works.

Best Regards,
Csaba

You are AWESOME!!! Thank you so much, Csaba. I was racking my brain attempting to figure that out! ;-))

Cheers,
Mylinda

Hi,

Great! You’re most welcome! If you need help with anything else, please, feel free to open a new topic.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Csaba