One page website

Hi,

is it possible (and how) to make a one page website in Sydney, with menus at the top not linked to another page but linked to different topics on the same page using the #?

Can I outline the menus at the top to the same height as my logo?

My website: el-pablo.com

Kind regards,

Pablo

Hello Pablo,

yes, it’s possible to built a onepage website with our theme Sydney. The easiest way would be to start the webdeveloper tools of your browser and inspect your sections to which you want to create a link.
Here are some examples:

#primary = the first video
#pg-10-1 = newest podcast
#pg-10-3 = about el pablo
#pg-10-4 = podcast / tracks
#pg-10-5 = pics

To vertical align the menu links you can use this code in a child theme or simple css plugin:

#mainnav {
  line-height: 100px;
}
@media only screen and (min-width: 768px) {
  .btn-menu {
    line-height: 100px;
  }
}

Feel free to give me a feedback whether it works for you.

Best regards,
WeAreOne

Hi WeAreOne,

it works fine for me, so thank you for that! But, actually I think the header area and footer area are too big. How can I reduce them in size and as a consequence how can I put the main logo closer to the top?

Kind regards,

Pablo

That’s great!
I see that your uploaded logo has got much empty space around it. Try to crop the logo. After that we might need a new height for the menu items to be aligned with the logo.

To reduce the space in the footer use this:

.footer-widgets {
  padding: 45px 0;
}

I see that your Contact Button in the main nav doesnt work. If you want it to link the social media icons, use #pg-10-7. If you want it to the contact info in the footer use this id #sidebar-footer

Best regards,
WeAreOne

PS: The music you have on your site is not bad :wink:

Hi WeAreOne,

thanks a lot for your help. It works fine now! Only one issue to go :slight_smile:
I noticed that, when you are on the page ‘BOOKINGS’, which you can find in the top menu, that the menu buttons ‘About El Pablo’ and ‘Music’ don’t work. Any idea why that is and how we can resolve this?

And thanks for the compliment regarding my music :wink:

Kind regards,

Pablo

Hello,

I’m glad to help you building a website :slight_smile:

I tested it on my private page and found a solution. Go to appearence > menu and edit the links. Instead of using just #pg-X-X use the full link www.el-pablo.com/#pg-X-X. Then the links work on every page.

Best regards,
WeAreOne

Ok WeAreOne,

you are great! It works. Thanks a lot! My website is perfect now (in my opinion :wink: )

Kind regards,

Pablo