Once again - Navigation arrows at sydney header slider

Hey there, I trying to add navigation tools as well. I am working with a child theme in sydney.
So far I have successfully mastered the dots at the center bottom as it was described here:

But I would also like to add arrows on the left and right side of my slider images and tried to do the same as mentioned here: Arrows for header slider in child theme. It still doesn’t show any arrows.

Is there maybe a bad interference since I used jquery to insert different buttons for each slides (following this thread: Different Call to Action buttons in header slider)

Perhaps it’ll be the easierst way to post my functions.php - just let me know. Cheers to any help in advance.

Hello, please check these topics:

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hey @roman, thanks for replying. Yes I went through all of these posts. Those I have cited and also those you are refering to.

Yet I am not much of a coder I do understand where I have to add code snippets and I have some some basic knowledge about coding. Maybe it helps when I describe my workflow up to now.

1. I am working with a sydney child theme because I want to avoid update overriding.
  2. I use TS Java custom, because I wanted to have individual CTAs on every slide. --> Buttons are working :heavy_check_mark: therefore I followed a solution that was written by @kharisblank in this forum.
  3. Next thing I was looking for navigation possibilities through the header slider by two ways (bullets in the center and arrows at the left and right edge of the slider) as it was mentioned here: Navigation on Slider
  4. Bullets are working :heavy_check_mark:
  5. The arrows are still missing though I followed every step I had to take care of --> Arrows for header slider in child theme including the design code in the Custome CSS.

So perhaps it might help if I’m gonna post my current sydney-child-functions.php - what do you think? :thinking:

Thank you very much for any help

here is a random screen shot that shows what I am looking for, but I guess you understood it already.

Hello, can you please provide a link to your website in order to let me check it?

You can use some link shortener if you don’t want to leave the link to your site in this topic.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

sure thing @roman and thanks already.
in he meantime i also tried to copy the entire slider.php to my child-theme/inc folder with the same results.

here is the link (just startet the page so most of it looks like a mess).
https://bit.ly/2V8xjo7

Thank you for the link.

It looks like you don’t have Font Awesome on your website.

You can try to install the Font Awesome plugin, here is a link:

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Wow…this is it. I didn’t find that hint somewhere else! Cheers @roman

@roman, another question to the bullet navigation (if this post doesnt fit in here, just tell me where to put it). Is it possible to adjust the position of the navigation bullets depending on the screen size (to make it responsive).

Hello,

Is it possible to adjust the position of the navigation bullets depending on the screen size (to make it responsive).

I’m not sure what you mean, can you please provide some explanatory screenshots?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support