Not all head slider images on mobile

Hello,

first of all congratulations for the whole team: this is a great theme !

I am a newcomer and just created my first website…and it looks great - so thank you very much.

One problem: on my mobile (iPhone 6) it is only displayed the 1st slider of the header - the other 2 sliders are white and do not show on mobile

www.academialia.es

Thanks for your help in advance

Hi,

Have you tried to deactivate all your third-party plugins and check how it works then? Also, please let me know what theme version you use.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Thanks Csaba…of course, sorry: I am using the SYDNEY theme (great feel & look !)

I think it should not be the reason, as I started to create the website without any other plug-ins installed, just following your support instructions.

But I have not yet tried your suggestion… will do so and let you now.

With best Regards,

Michel

Hi,

Ok, then please let me know what WP / Theme version you use, also make sure they are all up-to-date.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,

I am using Sydney Theme v 1.31.

Followed your advice to deactivate and activate all plug-ins again.

Interestinglyh on iPhones &s it is not showing all slider photos (only the 1st, not the second 2.
But on Samsung Galaxy S7 it works.

Any clue why on Android it is working and iOS not?

Thanks for your help !

Hi,

Please deactivate all the plugins and check how it works without any plugin active, not deactivate / activate, because that way you can’t find out if there is a plugin conflict.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Dear Csaba,

sorry for not expressing me correctly: that is exactly what I did: I deactivated all plugins…and still the images no. 2 and 3 do not show on the iPhones…but yes they show up on the Android environment.

Nobody else had this issue with Sydney theme ?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

Michel

Hi,

That’s very weird, I have checked that in Safari on Mac and it didn’t worked there too, so it seems to don’t work in different browsers and on iOS, but only your site, please check the demo an you’ll see it works, that’s why I thought there was a plugin conflict, I also checked a fresh install of the theme version 1.31 and it do works well, all slides show up in all browsers, including iOS, can you, please try to re-install the theme and also make sure to install a version of the theme which wasn’t modified an any way ( so a copy you just download from your aThemes Account ).

Best Regards,
Csaba

Dear Csaba,

ok, I will do what you are suggesting.

But I never did that before and am afraid of loosing my present website.
So how do I re-install the theme without loosing the customization I made ?

Thx !

No Michel, I do not have that issue, so it’s not a Sydney issue, hope that helps for elimination process purposes/

Thx Tony for your helpful feedback on this !

Hi,

If you re-install the theme you will only lose the modifications you made in theme files ( in .php, .js or .css files, if you have modified any ), in case you haven’t modified the theme files, then you can re-install the theme without problems, your settings, posts, pages, … will not be affected, but please make a database backup ( just in case ).

Best Regards,
Csaba

Ok Csaba, so I made the database backup.
And what would be the process now:

1. delete existing theme (also including child themes I have to delete) ?
    and
  2. download theme files from your webpage and import zip to re-install ?

Thx in advance.

Best Regards from Barcelona,

Michel

Hi,

1. Just the Parent Theme you have to delete
  2. Yes, download the latest version of the theme from your account and install the new theme, if you discover a missing thing, like posts, pages, etc. then import the .zip of the database.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,

I jsut wanted to proceed as you said, and entering in my WP ADmin account everytime I want to personalize the site (like the header sliders etc.), I receive suddenly an error message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1024 bytes) in /home/urbanski71/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-user.php on line 744

Any clue what I’m doing wrong (I did not change anything in my hosting setup)

Thx for your help !

Bets from Barcelona,

Michel

Ok, I solved that…

Now I am trying to delete the Parent theme…but in the WP Admin panel I can only delete the Child theme…when looking at the Parent theme there is no DELETE button.
Is it not possible in the WP Admin ? Do I have to delete it in the CPanel from my host?

Thx for your help !

Hi,

You must leave your Parent Theme there if you use a Child Theme, you can’t delete a Parent Theme while using it’s Child Theme, if you want to delete theme completely, then activate an other theme ( not a Child Theme of that particular theme ) and then you will be able to delete both Child and Parent Themes.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,

I just did what you said: deleted the parent theme and installed it again (downloading from the WPPress themes) - but still the same problem: only the 1. of 3 pictures in the head slider shows up…the last 2 are appearing as white screen only.

AAArrrrrggghhh…any other idea ?

Thx in advance!

Michel

Hi,

Please give me an admin access to your site in email to csaba.athemes @ gmail.com , so I can inspect this issue further in your wp-admin.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Done Csaba.

Thx for your help in advance.

Michel