No Submenu any more on vivaldi

Presumably after the latest Sydney Pro update I can’t access submenus on some browsers any more. To track down the problem I deactivated all Plugins and checked and excluded all of my own CSS code. Only after switching back to a standard scheme the menue worked again. So I wonder if this is somehow a known problem with Sydney Pro under certain circumstances?

Since the lacking submenus only affect the vivaldi browser there are changes on the aapearance of the cursor on the menu on all other browsers as well.The cursur on the menus doesn’t switch into a hand any more but converts into a caret on top menu entries that have no underlying link. If there is a link under a top menue entry included the hand is displayed correctly. This happens on all browsers.

Affected site: https://sandbox.kayscheffel.de

Any idea what could cause the problem and how to fix it?
Thx in advance,
Timo

Hi,

I am sorry to hear about your issue. I am happy to help with it.

Perhaps you are having active cache on your web browser. Try flushing and restarting it. Then checking your website. Let me know whether the issue dissappears or not.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Oh, of course … that was the first thing I did … I’m aware of caching problems … also installed *Clear Cache For Me as a backup for cache problems … to make sure there’s no caching problem on the server or browser …

Does it mean that you don’t see the issue on your side? (even with other browsers the mouse pointer issue should be obvious)

Cheers, Timo

Hi Timo,

Yes. The issue doesn’t seem to appear on my end.

Here is the screen recording when checking.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14xEAEU9wgA3-nK4Z3KbIgYCdCw2zdKyD/view?usp=sharing

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis, thank you for taking the time to investigate.
From what I see in you video you are working on an apple (No sub menues appear on the vivaldi browser on windows) - still one effect appears even in your video that seems to be connected to the problem. In my samplepage all top menu entries except “Kays Blog” have no underlying link. Ususally moving the mousecursor over such an entry the mouse changes into a hand:

Here some workling examples from another Sydnec Pro site:
Menu entry with underlying link
No Submenu

Menu entry without underlying link and submenu:
With Submenu2

This is the way it should look like. Here is what it looks like on the problematic site:
With underlying link it looks OK
Own Link

But without underlying link see the cursor changing in a caret instead of a hand (and on the Vivaldi browser the submenu will not appear at all)
no own link

From what I see in your video this effect appears on your computer as well …
Thx again for your support!
Cheers, Timo

Hi Timo,

Thank you for getting back.

I will be passing this to my colleague for checking further on Vivaldi. Because I only work on Mac at this moment.

I will be back to as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi,

I’m not sure why the hand cursor doesn’t show up anymore as we made no changes in this regard. But we can force it to be a hand cursor even if there’s no link, that’s not a problem.

What I’m interested in is the Vivaldi issue. I checked your website and the submenus work fine if I’m understanding your issue correctly. See screenshot https://snipboard.io/bapDRc.jpg

1 Like