No sidebar, no widgets, no footers

Hi,

The page on Appearance → widgets, where I need to edit sidebar or footers 1, 2, 3 there is nothing the page is empty it is empty everywhere on every page settings. I am doing my web page and I’m working on the blog page. I want to add the Facebook option on the side bar.

Please let me know what do I need to to for this settings to appear as I can’t continue my work. I have been adviced by WorldPress to contact you directly for the Sydney Theme.

Thank you
Lina

Hi Lina,

Thank you for contacting us. I am happy to help with your queries.

Seems likely you got new look on the widgets management screen due to 5.8 version you’re running. If that the case, that is indeed not an issue either with theme or WordPess itself.

Starting from WordPress 5.8, the widgets management has moved to a block-based editing. Refer to: Block-based Widgets Editor in WordPress 5.8 – Make WordPress Core.

You’ll still be able to add content to the widgets areas provided by Sydney theme the same way when you manage blocks via a simpe drag and drop method. Use the searchbox to find your widgets to add.

If it is too complicated to you, install and activate the Classic Widgets plugin to disable this new widgets editing interface and switch to the simpler widgets admin screen.

Hope this reply helps.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis,

Thank you for your reply.

I will try to fix it this way, I just want to make sure my work wont disappear when I activate it. I was following YouTube instructions to create my website and I am not an expert unfortunately so I will do my best. I just want to make sure the widgets wont reset my whole project?

Thank you
Lina

Hi Lina,

You’re welcome!

Your active widgets should remain there. But if you get any error for some cases, please let us know.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi,

I got the footers, I install the child theme but I still don’t have the option Appearance → Edit

I searched every possible option for the copyright to be changed but it all comes down to the the editor which I don’t have for some reason. What can I do to update the copyrights on my website?

Hi,

Would you be able to help me ?
I got the footers, I install the child theme but I still don’t have the option Appearance → Edit

I searched every possible option for the copyright to be changed but it all comes down to the the editor which I don’t have for some reason. What can I do to update the copyrights on my website?

Thank you
Lina

Hi Lina,

​Please accept my apologies for the delay in response. I really appreciate your patient.

The widgets editing screen is located under Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets. Didn’t you see it there? Or, maybe there is restriction applied due to your site is on WordPress multisite install?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support