No menu bar on the mobile device

Hello there,

I just realized that there is not menu bar anymore on an iPad or mobile device. I think there used to be three bars which you could click on and then a dropdown menu would open.

I found some similar topics but not that exact one.

(The menu bar on my laptop works fine).

My website: https://freebirdnumberone.com

Thanks for any help.

Kind regards,

Julia

Hello Julia,

You are using a child theme, as far as I can see. Most likely you are overriding the header.php file that has changed a little bit with a recent theme update. So I suggest you to copy that file from the parent theme and apply your modifications once again. Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

1 Like

Dear Roman,

thank so much for your quick response and sorry for my late reply.

So, did I understand you right: I should copy the header.php file from the Sydney (parent) theme and paste it into the header.php file of my child theme and than do modifications there?

I don’t really know what modifications I have already made to the child theme header.php file over the years. So, do I have to look at every single line and do the modifications once again or is it enough if I only copy a certain part of the header.php parent theme file into the child header. php file?

Thank so much for your support!

Kind regards,
Julia

Hello Julia,

I don’t really know what modifications I have already made to the child theme header.php file over the years.

Okay, in this case please check the parent header.php file (line 50), and make sure that you have the sydney_get_svg_icon() function in your child header.php file.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi Roman,

I just copied line 50 from the parent header.php file <div class="btn-menu"><i class="sydney-svg-icon"><?php sydney_get_svg_icon( 'icon-menu', true ); ?></i></div> into the header.php file of my child theme.

But I still do not see a menu bar on my phone.

Sorry, I am a bit out of practice, it is quite a long time ago that I last did some changes in this file … do I have to put it in a certain line? Or do I have to replace the current line 50 of the child theme with sydney_get_svg_icon()?

Thanks again,

best regards,

Julia

Hello Julia,

do I have to put it in a certain line?

Yes, you have to put it in a certain line.

Please make sure that this line:

<div class="btn-menu"><i class="sydney-svg-icon"><?php sydney_get_svg_icon( 'icon-menu', true ); ?></i></div>

…is between this line:

<div class="col-md-8 col-sm-4 col-xs-12">

…and this line:

<nav id="mainnav" class="mainnav" role="navigation">

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Dear Roman,

thank you, it worked perfectly :slight_smile:

Have a good day.

Kind regards, Julia.

1 Like

You’re welcome Julia!

And have a nice day as well :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Thanks Roman it’s the good solution for the hamburger button. But I still have the same problem with de go-top button (the arrow). Have you a solution ?

Hello @stochy,

Please create a new topic for your issue in order to make it easier to help you.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support