No html markup in blog article

Hi folks,

I’m using the Sydney theme (1.3.5) with Wordpress 4.7.2.
If I create a new page and use html in it (bold, italic, lists), whether in Text Editor oder via Visual Editor, it works. Everything is shown correctly on the page, during edit and after.

If I create a new blog article everything is shown right in the editor again, but after editing, every html markup is gone. The article is just the plain text.
Any idea what is the cause for that problem?

Greets
Flo

Hello Flo,

Does this issue also to happen even without other active plugins (except Sydney Toolbox and Page Builder)?

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

yep, everything disabled except for Sydney Toolbox and Page Builder.

Regards
Flo

Hello there,

Does this issue happen even with the default WordPress theme like Twenty Seventeen?

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

I tried with Twenty Seventeen and there all html markup gets interpreted.
Everything looks fine there.
As soon as I switch back to Sydney, no lists etc anymore.

Regards
Florian

Hello there,

Could you please refer me to your post page where the issue appears on, so I can reproduce it on my test site?

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

the page we are talking about is www.carving-masters.de
If you go to news/blog and look at the first post at the bottom (Testboard folgender Hersteller), the three words “Oxess Plasma Pureboarding” should be a bullet list.

Regards
Florian

Hello there,

I am sorry for the delay.

Your posts content in archive page is trimmed and exclude any HTML code. That’s why the bullet list isn’t noticeable. You should enable full content by going to Appearance > Customize > Blog options > Content/Except > thick the two checkboxes.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

no problem, I’m happy that I find help here :slight_smile:
The two checkboxes fixed it. Thank you very much!

Regards
Florian

You’re most welcome!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis