No dropdown menu will appear on larger iPads

I use the Sydney Theme and have the problem that I do not get a drop down menu on a large iPad.

For small tablets the theme changes to the Mobile Menu. On large tablets, the desktop menu remains. In this I do not get a dropdown menu when i tap it. As soon as I log in and cover the site everything works fine. Other themes like twentyseventeen also works fine.

On a new Wordpress installation without plugin, the same error occurs.

Hello there,

Checking it with the web browser’s mobile device emulator, the mobile menu is displaying fine.

24 PM

Not really sure why it disappeared to you. But please try adding this CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

.btn-menu {
      position: relative;
      z-index: 9999;
    }

You’d dlear your mobile browser’s cache/history before reloading your site. See if it helps.

Regards,
Kharis

The mobile menu works perfectly. The iPad Pro 12.9 does not use the mobile menu, it shows the one for desktops. Unfortunately, the dropdown menu does not work here.

athemes

In Google Chrome / Safari on MAC, everything works great for me as well. Only on large tablets like iPad Pro with the desktop menu, I get the error.

The CSS code was just added for testing and should not be found anymore.

The cache is not the problem. Unfortunately, this also does not work for the newly installed Wordpress with Sydney Theme.

Hello there,

By default the mobile menu only appears when the screen resolution is less than 1025px wide. As your iPad has larger resolution, the desktop menu remains.

Regards,
Kharis

It’s ok if the desktop menu appears on large iPads. This should only be usable with the devices.

With other themes like TwentySeventeen, there I have no problems.

Regards,
Markus

What’s your screen resolution?

https://www.whatismyscreenresolution.com/

There might be some extra code to change it.

Regards,
Kharis

The resolution of the questionable iPads can be found here:

The used corresponds to half of the physical.
Pro 12.9 (1366x1024); iPad Pro 10.5 (1112x834).

In landscape mode, the desktop menu is displayed on the devices.

Regards

Hello there,

I would like to apologize in advance for the delay.

Some desktop screens have less than resolution of 1366px wide. Are you sure want to display mobile menu button in this resolution?

Regards,
Kharis

Hello Kharis,

no problem because of the delay.

As already written. It’s fine if the desktop menu appears on large iPads. The dropdown menu should only be usable with the devices.

Other themes like TwentySeventeen have no problems with dropdown menus.
For example, the Theme Rocked of you also shows dropdown menus on large iPads.

Regards,
Markus

Hello there,

Thank you for adding some more informations. I’ve forwarded it to our developer to check and fix it in the future version update. Please be patience.

Regards,
Kharis

Hey,

So I think ideally the mobile menu will go up to 1366px. It makes sense I think even for low res desktops. And it’s more bulletproof than checking for ipad user agents which might fail.

Gonna think about it for a little longer but probably will include it in this for in the next update which should happen these days.

Vlad