No appearance option in dashboard

I can’t set up my theme as the options aren’t showing in the dashboard.

Hello there,

I feel it isn’t an issue with the theme. Because Sydney doesn’t remove any WordPress’ core features. One of your active plugins might hide it. Try disabling all your active plugins at once. If the Appearance menu goes back, you’d need to re-enable them one by one and re-run your test.

Regards,
Kharis

Unfortunately, there is nothing listed under my dashboard. I have another blog and have never had an issue. I clicked on the email that you sent me which should’ve allowed me to start setting up my new theme. However, the page it directed me to doesn’t have any type of plug-in options at all.

Hello there,

What’ll happen if you temporarily disable Sydney theme and enable one of default WordPress theme like Twenty Seventeen.

Regards,
Kharis

There isn’t an appearance option to remove it? This is all I see on my dashboard

Hello there,

It seems like your account doesn’t have admin rights. You should log in with your administrator account.

For your information, WordPress have several user roles and of each has special capabilities. Non-administrator account is restricted to change/edit theme. For complete list of user types, read on this codex page: https://codex.wordpress.org/Roles_and_Capabilities.

Regards,
Kharis